Rare, A prestige opening D2 Heartland, Knight Topic

Montevallo is reserved and will fill once jobs close, and with the return of gomiami1972 to the conference (forgot to renew, moving his offices to Goodwell , OK as a result) OPSU is filled and the conference now has 12 humans. I'm looking forward to maintaining our spot atop the D 2 Knight landscape for many seasons with this cast of coaches. Thanks!
9/27/2011 7:55 AM
We aren't really sorry though.
9/27/2011 12:23 PM
the North American Athletic Association (knight) is trying to build something special, literally from the ground up. we've got 3 coaches that are making this their long-term stomping ground. 2 of the 3 have multiple nc under the belts. any coahes that are up for the challenge to take a dud D-II conference into the national spotlight should look into it. warning: some of these teams are just nasty...but if that wasn't the case, it wouldn't be much of a challenge.
9/27/2011 1:49 PM
Posted by jtt8355 on 9/27/2011 1:49:00 PM (view original):
the North American Athletic Association (knight) is trying to build something special, literally from the ground up. we've got 3 coaches that are making this their long-term stomping ground. 2 of the 3 have multiple nc under the belts. any coahes that are up for the challenge to take a dud D-II conference into the national spotlight should look into it. warning: some of these teams are just nasty...but if that wasn't the case, it wouldn't be much of a challenge.
Admire what you are doing, but, threadjack much?

Get some more humans in there and we'll get a challenge going...good luck guys
9/27/2011 1:57 PM
So, unfortunately it looks like zhawks maybe got uninterested or just short on free time. Either way the squad he was about 1/2 into building at W Alabama is available. There are 4 good players left behind, and of course you get to join a conference with 11 other reasonably active humans. Check it out.
11/29/2011 1:11 PM
Lincoln and W Alabama are both available. The conference has been almost completely human coached for a long time now, and I feel we are a fun bunch. Moving up or looking for a new D 2 place to hang for a while, we'll leave the light on for ya.
12/31/2011 5:16 AM
Time to resurrect this thread. The Heartland currently has 3 openings. Oklahoma Panhandle State was recently vacated when gomiami1972 finally had an opportunity to return to his original school, Rockhurst. He's done a raelly nice job at OPSU though, and the school is coming off 2nd rd NT season and returns 8 quality players. Incarnate Word was helmed for many seasons by garmnsouth who left us last season. The program has only had 1 simai season since of course, and returns 7 players, most of them human recruits and is a great spot for someone to step in and take over. Our problem child is West Alabama. About a decade of seasons ago bluejayscott took the Tigers to 5 consecutive postseasons before heading off to Division I. Zhawks took over the school a while back when he returned briefly to HD, but unfortunately they've been simmy for a few seasons now. The conference is active. We have a challenge with the CAA, and a good bunch of coaches. We'd love to find 3 new folks to fill up the rest of the teams and keep the conference growing. If you're interested, come on over...thanks all!
4/5/2012 5:13 PM (edited)
I consider myself a VERY new coach. I have a lot of learning to do, mostly in recruiting. I'd be interested in joining up though. In the Knight world, I was coach at Medaille for 2 years at D3 (years 11/12) and took them from 15-13 C- to 19-9 C+ and Holy Family (year 15) and took them from 9-18 C to 22-11 B- and the 2nd rnd of the PI. I am far from experienced in HD but am willing to take up one of the struggling clubs in Knight to see what I can offer. My main struggles are in recruiting in my opinion, perhaps in identifying talent or the ability to pull down D1 players, etc.
4/5/2012 10:29 PM
Do it!  We'll help!
4/5/2012 10:50 PM
Ok, so what the hell - I'll throw in the $5 GC offer from page one that is in strike-through again. Join up, complete the season, stick around and actively recruit your second class. Complete that, I send you a $5 GC. Simple. If you wanna bail after season 2, you can, but you'll maybe enjoy yourself and want to stay longer. 

SITEMAIL ME IF YOU WANT THE CASH...

Not much time left, so WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?!
4/6/2012 6:08 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 4/6/2012 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Ok, so what the hell - I'll throw in the $5 GC offer from page one that is in strike-through again. Join up, complete the season, stick around and actively recruit your second class. Complete that, I send you a $5 GC. Simple. If you wanna bail after season 2, you can, but you'll maybe enjoy yourself and want to stay longer. 

SITEMAIL ME IF YOU WANT THE CASH...

Not much time left, so WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?!
no takers. I'll leave the offer open through next season. Lets fill this puppy up again.
4/7/2012 3:25 AM
I'm signed up for W. Bama. We'll see what we can do.
4/7/2012 10:59 AM
Posted by onestyles on 4/7/2012 10:59:00 AM (view original):
I'm signed up for W. Bama. We'll see what we can do.
sounds like a plan :)
4/7/2012 3:58 PM
Its that time again folks!

Season 48 is winding down in Knight. Right now there is 1 opening in the Heartland (D 2, Knight). If you've been watching this thread with any interest over the past months, you'll notice that the conference has grown from just a handful of humans toiling away in near obscurity to a thriving people place!  We're a fun conference with some decent CC banter, a conference challenge with the CCAA, and lots of programs on the rise. We'd love to find folks for our remaining openings, but either way we intend to continue to improve and stay atop the D 2 conferences for some time to come.

I started this thread a number of months ago. Since then we've seen a few coaches come and go, and a few more just come and stay! As I stated, we're a pretty fun bunch. A few of us have some experience and we're all glad to help impart our dubious wisdom to newer coaches. If you are a D III coach looking to move up to D II or you have a D II school but you aren't happy for whatever reason (or even a D I coach disenchanted with the BCS dominance at the D I level and want to chuck it all and return to a simpler time) we currently have an opening at Oklahoma Panhandle State U (OPSU). 

I am repeating my previous offer: Take over OPSU, recruit this season, stick around after rollever for season 50 and recruit your second class to show you mean to be active and in return at that time I will send you a $5 WiS Gift Certificate. Easy Peasy. If other schools become available during the jobs process, I may extend the offer for those schools as well, depending upon how many openings we wind up with. Right now no one has actively said they are leaving, but some coaches with recent success may find the opportunities to good not to act upon.

See you soon!

5/5/2012 11:02 PM
I tried to enter your conference. Leftybowler better man up since I planned on winning this conference on a regular basis.
5/8/2012 4:28 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...9 Next ▸
Rare, A prestige opening D2 Heartland, Knight Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.