Rare, A prestige opening D2 Heartland, Knight Topic

Posted by corporatex on 5/8/2012 4:28:00 AM (view original):
I tried to enter your conference. Leftybowler better man up since I planned on winning this conference on a regular basis.
keep watching this thread - if openings occur, I'll post about it here...
5/8/2012 8:45 AM
Openings, sure we gotch'yer openings right here...

Oklahoma Panhandle State and Lincoln are available in the Heartland. This season the Heartland finished #2 in conference RPI. We put 6 in the NT (4 Sweet 16, 1 Final 4), 3 in the PIT (PI Champion) and earned $8500 per school in recruiting cash. I'm hoping the remaining crew stays put, but success can make people's eyes wander, so if anything else opens (and if it does chances are 90% it would be a team that went to the postseason) I'll update this thread once again. No cash offers this time, just a great conference with some decent coaches, an active CC and some good competition. If you're up for it, grab a team and start rebuilding!
8/10/2012 3:07 AM
OPSU filled, so now just poor, lonely Lincoln, the red-headed bastard step-child of the Heartland remains. Someone out there surely has a kind heart, a generous heart, a giving heart? Someone, somewhere must have room in his (or her) bosom for this little jewel. This poor, neglected and abused program, ne'er did nothin' bad to anyone, but cannot find love. Please, open your heart, find some love for this darling little one...
8/11/2012 11:32 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 8/11/2012 11:32:00 PM (view original):
OPSU filled, so now just poor, lonely Lincoln, the red-headed bastard step-child of the Heartland remains. Someone out there surely has a kind heart, a generous heart, a giving heart? Someone, somewhere must have room in his (or her) bosom for this little jewel. This poor, neglected and abused program, ne'er did nothin' bad to anyone, but cannot find love. Please, open your heart, find some love for this darling little one...
Unfortunately my bosom is at maxed out
8/12/2012 1:22 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
No nt appearances. Only three pt appearances, only three seasons with a less than triple digit RPI, only 11 non losing record seasons out of 51 ...
8/12/2012 10:45 AM
just so, and exactly why its such a great opportunity for a coach to make his mark on a team forever...
8/12/2012 10:50 AM
dac, the SEC in tark needs your recruiting prowess! come back to us!
8/13/2012 4:51 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 8/13/2012 4:51:00 PM (view original):
dac, the SEC in tark needs your recruiting prowess! come back to us!
Jeff, after bouncing through the GLV to the Big 12 I don't qualify for anything for a while...I'll be at Colorado for a few seasons at least...
8/14/2012 12:14 AM
3 current openings in the Heartland. Rockhurst, St. Mary's (Tx) and St. Edward's look like they need some love. Lincoln has been filled!
9/12/2012 3:55 PM (edited)
Bump.
9/12/2012 10:49 PM
looking back over this thread that was a nice 3 months there when we stayed completely full...
9/12/2012 10:52 PM
Season 53 is drawing to a close for Knight. The tourneys are just entering their Final 4 stage and I don't want to jinx anyone, so I'll just mention that we as a conference still have a team alive in each. This was a very productive season for the Heartland. We placed 6 in the NT and 3 in the PT. We are #2 in conference RPI to the always tough Cal CAA. Seems like most everyone or everyone is coming back for #54. 

We currently have one opening, Rockhurst. They went simai last season but still won 20 games and made the NT. Still a really good program and a great, active conference. Hope to see you soon!
10/10/2012 6:03 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 10/10/2012 6:04:00 PM (view original):
Season 53 is drawing to a close for Knight. The tourneys are just entering their Final 4 stage and I don't want to jinx anyone, so I'll just mention that we as a conference still have a team alive in each. This was a very productive season for the Heartland. We placed 6 in the NT and 3 in the PT. We are #2 in conference RPI to the always tough Cal CAA. Seems like most everyone or everyone is coming back for #54. 

We currently have one opening, Rockhurst. They went simai last season but still won 20 games and made the NT. Still a really good program and a great, active conference. Hope to see you soon!
And the SIM started a walk-on..... odd.
10/10/2012 6:11 PM
weird, but he was just about the best D2 walkon I've seen...
10/10/2012 6:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Rare, A prestige opening D2 Heartland, Knight Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.