Rare, A prestige opening D2 Heartland, Knight Topic

A premier conference, for sure. GL filling your remaining vacancies. See you in the MUSDUC.
10/2/2013 9:50 AM
Lincoln and St. Mary's are now taken, but Drury has opened up as a_in_the_b has decided to decimate a new victim.
10/2/2013 1:34 PM
There are currently 2 openings in one of the top D2 conferences in the game. The Heartland has been full or nearly so for more seasons than I can remember. Someone will have to back me up but I believe we have taken the conference RPI crown like 7 seasons in a row or something? Rockhurst, who did not make the CT final came in 2nd in the NT. We are stacked with talented coaches, and now there's room for you to prove you deserve a place at our table. Its not easy, but what in life that is worth anything is?

We are a very active CC (I mean, I'm there, and I never shut up) and the conference is as competitive as any I've been in. We've gone without recruiting coaches for a little while now, don't miss out on what is becoming a rare opportunity to join!

No cash offers right now, just the chance to try your luck in a difficult, challenging and fun environment.

Oklahoma Panhandle St runs triangle and man nad has 4 openings I believe. They have some tools in the closet for next season and, like our 2nd opening to follow, are both in the soft East half of the conference (wink) so you should be able to come in and compete right away 

Drury is also open again. They seem to run motion zone and have 3 openings. Without seeing potentials there might not be as much in the cupboard as at OPSU, but both teams are ripe for the taking and a great opportunity for a coach who wants to move up or rejoin Knight. 

Don't forget that the Heartland is also the current MUSDUC champion, and if you are interesting in MUSDUC participation you can be secure in the knowledge that as long as there is a MUSDUC the Heartland will be a member conference...
4/12/2014 5:41 AM
New off-season. OPSU and Drury are available again. 
5/13/2014 2:23 PM
At the beginning of the thread there was an offer for a WIS giftcard. I'm not crazy about leaving my current team but im also attempting to think long term. Offer still on the table?
5/14/2014 4:55 PM
Posted by etmoney28 on 5/14/2014 4:55:00 PM (view original):
At the beginning of the thread there was an offer for a WIS giftcard. I'm not crazy about leaving my current team but im also attempting to think long term. Offer still on the table?
right now, no, I don't have any points left over and don't have the discretionary cash to give out GCs at the moment, but the conference IS very good. We've won the conference RPI title 5 or 6 seasons running and have not had less than 6 in the NT since forever I think...

Incarnate Word is also available as the coach had too many RL obligations and had to cut back...
5/14/2014 7:21 PM
Depending on how my recruit class is this year i might be looking to joining ya'll next season
5/15/2014 10:06 AM
Another season in the books, another Heartland recruiting thread (actually its the same thread reused over and over again - don't tell).

Oklahoma Panhandle and Drury are still available. The Heartland had a "down" season, finishing 3rd in conference RPI and only sending 7 to the NT.

OPSU has only been in the clutches of the evil simai 1 season, and returns 5 human coached players of some talent. By extension you'll also have a full budget with which to find 6 or 7 players of your own, so plenty of opportunities.

Poor Drury has suffered so much. First generations of children were abused by the stylings of a in the b,  then westcoast22 came along for a spell, now no one is manning the helm and these poor sheep are looking for a shepherd. Won't you be their shepherd? 

No GC offers this season, just an opportunity to become part of the dysfunctional Heartland framily. Yes, I said it. Framily...
6/13/2014 3:50 AM
At the risk of derailing your recruitment pitch, a correction:  Actually, I think the Heartland conference sent FIVE to the NT.  It was the Lone Star conference, which won the MUSDUC tournament AGAIN, that sent 7 to the NT.  
6/13/2014 4:04 PM
Posted by shafty on 6/13/2014 4:04:00 PM (view original):
At the risk of derailing your recruitment pitch, a correction:  Actually, I think the Heartland conference sent FIVE to the NT.  It was the Lone Star conference, which won the MUSDUC tournament AGAIN, that sent 7 to the NT.  
details...details...

its well known my memory is **** - the Heartland, however, isn't 
6/13/2014 11:10 PM
well, we have numerous openings now in the Heartland, including a couple of really good programs. No incentives this time around, other than the rest of us coaches I guess, but we'd love to have a few folks grab a team while their still viable...
8/18/2014 3:50 AM
We have lots of openings for your perusal now folks.. A couple of them are in pretty good shape too. 

The Heartland is one of the best D2 conferences, certainly in Knight, and the core group of us have been here forever and aren't going anywhere soon AFAIK - that's me, ryguyrb, tlfisch, a_in_the_b, wansingk who all have a long pedigree in the Heartland, and we are joined by jay_rusty and kevodaphenom

The teams that are available are:

St. Edward's

Drury

Oklahoma Panhandle St

Incarnate Word

N Alabama

I will edit this post later to provide links to the schools in question. (you can get there by clicking my name then Valdosta St from my resume, then schedule in the meantime if you just HAVE to look!)

There MAY be an incentive package involved for new coaches - trying to hammer something out with the others. In the meantime, if you join up and we DO decide what incentives to offer, you are in (unless you choose not to be of course) for whatever we come up, no worries. 
9/18/2014 5:44 PM
Looks like Incarnate Word is going to very capable hands. 4 more teams available - get them while they're --- hot?
9/19/2014 5:08 PM
Anyone who chooses the Heartland over the Central has a screw loose.
9/19/2014 5:32 PM
bring all your loose screws to the Heartland - limited time offer!
9/19/2014 5:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Rare, A prestige opening D2 Heartland, Knight Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.