Progressive League Expansions...What works? Topic

Not sure if this subject applies here, but I couldn't figure out where else to put this.

One of the progressives I'm in which has 16 teams, is approaching the 1961-62 seasons where MLB expanded by 4 teams.  We've had some preliminary discussions about expansion and I was wondering if other SIM members had gone through the same thing with their league.

I am asking and encouraging anyone who has, to post here.  Please explain how you did it, # or protected players, draft order, salary caps, whatever...and then how effective your system was or wasn't in bringing the expansion clubs into parity with the original 16.  Feel free to include any reactions from the ownership, pro or con.

I think this could help us and maybe help others down the road.

Thanks.
2/14/2011 5:21 PM
Ask shadow35

He did a fantastic job in his progressive. I was one of the 4 in 1969 to move his league from 16 to 20.
Stellar commish and a wonderfull job done on his part.
2/14/2011 10:11 PM
bump
2/16/2011 10:40 AM
Progressive League Expansions...What works? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.