Do I Have a right to be Upset??? Topic

I have 2 teams in a 120m TOC. They were both placed in the same division, which, I have to admit, got under my skin. Even worse, I sent in a ticket, and admin said that it really doesn't matter, unless they actually play each other. I suppose that literally, that is true, but it still doesn't sit well with me. They should have been seeded in opposite leagues, so they would have a chance to meet in the finals.
2/14/2011 6:34 PM
That'll teach you to make it to the World Series...

It sucks and I've had it happen to me a number of times, but TOCs are seeded by regular-season W-L records with no regard to what league the team came from or who owns it.  Unless we can convince WIS to change that, we'll just have to live with it.  I would love to see it happen, though, where the same owner's teams, or World Series opponents, could be seeded on opposite sides.
2/14/2011 7:25 PM
No.  TOC seeds should be blind to the owners identity.  If you records have two of your teams playing in the first round, so be it.
2/14/2011 9:36 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This isn't the first time I have had multiple teams in a TOC, previously they were separated, and, naively, I suppose, I thought that was a courtesy granted to those of us who help pay the bills for the administrators. Apparently, it was just coincidence. There are very few who might post a response to me whom I respect more than Zubinsum, and my respect for him will cause me to patiently rethink my response to him.
2/15/2011 12:01 AM
If you're lucky or good enough to have two (or more) teams eligible for TOC play at the same time, you should benefit from whatever increased probability of winning the TOC that gives you.  That's not the case if both teams are seeded into the same division, which automatically reduces the overall likelihood of your success.  It doesn't require a big tweak of the software to screen for team ownership in order to keep multiple seedings in the same division from happening. 

I suppose the current system levels the playing field a little if you're an owner who runs 40 or 50 good teams at once and gets four or five teams into the TOC (there was an owner like that last year; I forget his name, but he had about 50 of exactly the same teams going simultaneously).  But that's rare.  And I guess you could argue that screening for team ownership starts SIM down the slippery slope of identifying which owners are more likely to win than others, a subject on which a lot of owners are already paranoid.  But overall, I agree with pfattkatt.
2/15/2011 12:39 AM
When it used to be winner takes all, this was a definite blessing. You'd hope to play yourself in one of the best of 5 series. Not the case now huh?
2/15/2011 12:54 AM
Boogerlips, what was the name of the owner who used to run 50 teams at a time, all the same roster?  He always had a rotation of Joss `07/Hahn `04/Sparks `07.  Now it's driving me nuts trying to remember his name (yeah, I know -- short drive).
2/15/2011 1:04 AM
thunder1008
Game Rating: Hall of Famer Forum Rating: Prospect
Boogerlips, what was the name of the owner who used to run 50 teams at a time, all the same roster?  He always had a rotation of Joss `07/Hahn `04/Sparks `07.  Now it's driving me nuts trying to remember his name (yeah, I know -- short drive).
2/15/2011 1:36 AM
I had 3 TOC teams wind up in the same division some time back...this was after admin claimed to have reduced the chances of this happening.  I sent a complaint, but got the usual run a round response.
2/15/2011 2:15 AM
The guy you are talking about had 5 teams in a single TOC, within the past 6 months, but can't remember his name. He had teams in all 4 divisions. And yes, his teams were all very similar. I don't think he won though, although his teams did pretty well.
2/15/2011 3:50 AM
Posted by boogerlips on 2/15/2011 12:54:00 AM (view original):
When it used to be winner takes all, this was a definite blessing. You'd hope to play yourself in one of the best of 5 series. Not the case now huh?
I don't think of it as a chance to take more than one prize has been taken away. I simply feel that we should have a clear possible path to the money rounds. Admins response to my ticket is that as long as my teams do not face each other, the point is moot, and ultimately, I suppose that is true. But just as in a league, we would separate teams of the same owner, so too should we be separated in the TOC. I see it as a simple courtesy that those who expect us to spend money ought to be more than happy to provide.
2/15/2011 8:20 AM
I recently had 3 teams in the same TOC... and they were in 3 different divisions. So nice to see that.
2/15/2011 9:08 AM
wasnt his name nutty or something like that....it had a number sequence too...i ran into one of his buzzsaw teams and got killed.
2/15/2011 4:45 PM
mlb_nut
2/15/2011 5:35 PM
12 Next ▸
Do I Have a right to be Upset??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.