Do I Have a right to be Upset??? Topic

Yup, that was the guy.  And his teams were named nutty and numbered.  Wonder if he's still playing under a different name or if he burned through his SIM budget.  I don't think he was quite good enough to subsidize all his teams through his winnings, but he was getting close.
2/15/2011 10:32 PM
He's still around.  I've been seeing him at $255M.
2/15/2011 11:34 PM
A $220M TOC just got seeded and a bunch of owners had multiple teams.

boundsjordan has 4 teams.  Two of them are in the same region and play each other in the 1st round.  Three of them are in the same half of the bracket.

theyard2 has 2 teams.  They are in the same region and would meet in the 2nd round.

wonker has 2 teams.  They are in the same region and would meet in the 2nd round.

panther88 has 2 teams.  They are in different regions, but the same half of the bracket.

mojolad has 2 teams.  They are in different regions, but the same half of the bracket.

I have 2 teams.  Fortunately, they are on opposite sides of the bracket.
2/16/2011 1:34 PM
misery doesn't necessarily love company. I have come to understandm and realize, that this is SOP, but I still don't like it. As long as I keep getting enough prize money so that I don't have to spend out of pocket for a team I'll keep playing, once that runs out, I'm done.
2/17/2011 9:49 AM
I hope thats not the case, PF.  I enjoy being in leagues with you.  You make some very good teams, and you try new ideas like I do, and you dont use cookie cutters or loopholes to exploit players like the 1988 Milacki.  Players like you are rare on this site, and I hope you stay.  I dont pay for half of my teams (as I get credits for winning), but I do pay about $25 a month (a 6 pack every other month).  It is worth it.  At least I think so.
2/17/2011 11:42 AM
Like I said, moneywise you come out pretty close to even, whether you're seeded in the same bracket or not. If you play yourself, it significantly increases your chance of winning it all. Believe me I know. In almost all of my TOC championshps, I played myself at some point. Helps big time.
So,
A) You have a chance at winning $200
B) You have a better chance at winnign $150
Not a lot of difference IMO. At least not worth upsetting yourself over.
2/17/2011 3:05 PM
Also, instead of making a choice between having two or more teams in a TOC at a time, or quiting all together, you could do a combination of reducing the number of teams you field and playing different caps, that way you only have 1 team at a time in the tourneys, and that way we get to keep our fatcat (we like him).
2/17/2011 3:08 PM
Also remember, that we sim baseball players have it lucky. I'm not sure any of the other games on here have a TOC/payout system like this(theme league creator reward is great too).  In Hardball Dynasty, you have to average a world series runner up to pay for the game. I'm pretty sure there isn't a single owner in HBD that doesn't have to pay. Just sayin...
2/17/2011 3:13 PM
Ah heahs ya!!!
2/17/2011 6:17 PM
◂ Prev 12
Do I Have a right to be Upset??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.