Waiver Wire vs. Waiting Topic

I have a rather expensive player who isn't playing up to his potentential.  I've played just about half of my games.  Is it better to go out and make adjustments, swapping him out for player or two from the waiver wire OR should I stick with the player because the law of averages would suggest he will turn things around and I'll reap the rewards in the second half of the season?

Just wondering what experiences veterans of this game have had in this type of decision making.  The player is Richie Ashburn. His performance history shows that he usually plays very well.  But so far he hasn't done much at all for me besides play stellar defense. 

Does going to the Waiver Wire often affect your ballclub adversly in any way?   I love how this game is pretty intricate and do appreciate the feedback I've gotten from long-time users.  Thanks!

2/14/2011 11:06 PM
There's a 10% transaction fee on every waiver wire move, so the more you use the waiver wire, the more your total team payroll will decrease.  Some might consider that an adverse effect. 
2/15/2011 12:04 AM
There's an owner in one of my leagues whose team is something like 50-100 going into the final days of the season.  He started out with a pretty good roster, but he went to the waiver wire 60 times (not exaggerating) and killed his team with that 10% fee, though at various times he cycled a lot of the best players in the SIM through his roster.  He must be running something like a $40 or $50 MM payroll now in an $80 MM open league.  Amazingly, not a newbie either.   That's an extreme case, but a cautionary tale in terms of going to the waiver wire often. 
2/15/2011 12:46 AM
Don't use the WW unless you need to fix a drafting mistake. If you've misundertood what you were getting, and now know, and think there is something out there better, then go ahead.
2/15/2011 1:02 AM
Waiver Wire vs. Waiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.