Catcher Defensive Penalties for playing OF or 1B. Topic

Here's the Defensive Spectrum Chart ...

SS – 2B – CF – 3B – LF – RF – 1B – DH

And I saw the part about Catchers should only play Catcher.

But ... what happens to Catchers who want to play 1B ... or 'Corner Outfielder'?  What would be the penalty shift (on the chart above)?

Specifically, I have a Catcher whose only position rating is Catcher with a ... B/A+ ... for Fielding/Range.  I'd like to try him at 1B, LF, and RF.

Thank you for your help!
2/17/2011 7:48 PM
I've gotten away with a catcher at 1B in a progressive.  For any other kind of league it's almost never going to be cost-effective to play a catcher anywhere but catcher, and bad-armed catchers cost too much to be much good for anything.
2/17/2011 8:02 PM
he'll do ok at 1b but I agree he is not likely to be cost effective. In the OF he'll make 30+ errors. I've played Cs at OF for a couple games while resting a starter but I wouldnt plan to do it regularly.
2/17/2011 9:43 PM
Catcher Defensive Penalties for playing OF or 1B. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.