Theme League Idea Topic

I was thinking of starting a Theme League in which each owner would choose an All Star roster from 1970-2010. All teams must choose neutral "What IF Sports Park" as their home field. No WW, no trades, no AAA, allow DH. No two of the same rosters. Salary cap would be at $255 Mil since some teams would cost more than others. First does anyone like the idea, second I'm thinking of a 32 man roster and is that possible within Theme League options. Any opinions or suggestions are welcome since this is my first attempt at a Theme League.

2/20/2011 2:00 PM
One way to get the roster is to allow U-pick AAA and fill the rosters manually.  Will only have 25 active so you have to juggle.  Now that I think about it that probably won't work with the salaries of all-stars...
2/20/2011 4:08 PM
So I'm assuming you cannot have an active roster over 25 players. With the salary cap so high, could you not pick any salary amount you want for a "u pick AAA", or is it set at like $2.5 Mil or something? Or do we have to bother with AAA at all and just pick the best 25 All Stars from any of the inclusive years. Also is this at all interesting to have historical All Star teams duke it out on a neutral field?
2/20/2011 4:27 PM
The neutral stadium would make all the teams relatively equal, but what also might be fun would be to have each year's home park in the stadium in which that year's AS game was played.
2/26/2011 10:07 AM
Theme League Idea Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.