innings miniumum Topic

Can you win in this game with only 920 innings?  Have picked extreme pitchers park and my starters have:
1) 263 inn
2) 218 inn
3) 207 inn
4a) 137 inn
4b) 100 inn

I also have 153 innings locked up in 2 prime relievers/closers. 

Please help.  This is only my 2nd game in the league.  Thanks!!!
2/21/2011 11:49 AM
Hitting fatigue is damaging, pitching fatigue is DEVASTATING!!!!! This cannot possibly be over emphasized. You might be able to do OK with some pitching fatigue, but this staff will be giving up 35 runs per gane after game 10. If you look over the forums carefully, you will find some very helpful guidelines for the required number of innings, based on ball park selection, and other factors. For me, personally, many of those recommendations are too conservative, I am not able to manage a pitching staff as well as some other managers can. Their recomendations are fair, however, and accurate for the managers in question. Very generally, and paining with a very broad brush, 1300 innings is an absolute minimum, and if you are getting into a league with a higher salary cap, you will almost certainly need more. Don't get ahead of yourself in this game. Read the forums until you are sick of them. There is an absolute wealth of info there, and will save you an enormous amount of trial and error. Just keep in mind what salary cap the writer was writing for, because what is gospel at 80m may be  blasphemy at 120m. Patience and study is rewarded.
2/21/2011 12:21 PM
1078 innings is what you have according to my superb addition skills, If this were an open league with AAA, and your park has at least a -2 singles factor, and you manage your staff perfectly (hard to do with so few pitchers), you could probably have fatigue in the low 90s. But, I think OLs require you to draft 1200 or something. To make a short story long, go draft more innings.
2/21/2011 12:50 PM
Also, you shouldn't use a 5 man rotation with 2 guys in the pen. I'd do two tandems and put the extra guy in the pen. Much easier to manage.
2/21/2011 12:52 PM
innings miniumum Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.