For Life: City Draft Topic

It's been long since dealt with via email guys. You are all taking the name thing way the hell too seriously. It was absolutely NOT clear to me as a rule that I needed to follow that one, seeing as though I didn't have an MLB city. I actually thought the name was slightly humorous, but, moreso, that it was quite on the nose. It was precise. It was what this team was. So, for everyone to get so damn huffy puffy about it really sits the wrong way.

I think you all need to calm the hell down, that's all I'm saying.
3/12/2011 2:08 PM
I personally could care less what the names are. I don't pay attention once the season starts.    It really means nothing.
3/12/2011 2:13 PM
Charlotte Knights ????......what a stupid name.......trop, you should really have more fun with your name choice......geez, no imagination........ : )
3/12/2011 2:16 PM (edited)
I know, right? LOL...
3/12/2011 2:31 PM
Posted by tropicana on 3/12/2011 2:08:00 PM (view original):
It's been long since dealt with via email guys. You are all taking the name thing way the hell too seriously. It was absolutely NOT clear to me as a rule that I needed to follow that one, seeing as though I didn't have an MLB city. I actually thought the name was slightly humorous, but, moreso, that it was quite on the nose. It was precise. It was what this team was. So, for everyone to get so damn huffy puffy about it really sits the wrong way.

I think you all need to calm the hell down, that's all I'm saying.
In a heavily themed league with strict rules you are going to get people who...care.... more than your average league. I think the name would look better as numerals like "32nd". It is not very visually appealing as is.

That being said, your team name is not going to make or break the league.
3/12/2011 2:44 PM
Posted by tropicana on 3/12/2011 2:31:00 PM (view original):
I know, right? LOL...
Just saw where you changed it, now my only complaint is you are the only team in that division that does not start with an "R". (insert for sarcasm)
3/12/2011 2:47 PM
Thanks for playing nice trop.
3/12/2011 2:48 PM
Now what's up with rounders?  He's had more than 3 days to sign up, and (I'm assuming here) he hasn't given any reason for a delay.  We are almost half-way to the "deadline" to get this thing underway.  I suggest that we replace the guy.  It might take some time to install a replacement, thereby cutting it really close.  If he's logging in to his other worlds, and can't find time to sign up here, how much could he really care about this thing?
3/12/2011 2:53 PM
Posted by shobob on 3/12/2011 2:53:00 PM (view original):
Now what's up with rounders?  He's had more than 3 days to sign up, and (I'm assuming here) he hasn't given any reason for a delay.  We are almost half-way to the "deadline" to get this thing underway.  I suggest that we replace the guy.  It might take some time to install a replacement, thereby cutting it really close.  If he's logging in to his other worlds, and can't find time to sign up here, how much could he really care about this thing?
There has been interest expressed by others. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.
3/12/2011 2:55 PM

C'mon, fellas. The name thing isn;t that big of a deal, I think he (and some others, it seems) simply forgot that he idea behind the 32nd team was that it would represent a minor league franchise. It's no reason to get in a huff, but it is a good thing that at least some folks are already taking the rules seriously and have reviewed them plenty. Either way, it's a moot point. Let's not have issues over minor things before we even get started. I contacted trop before I saw the thread, and I am kinda glad I did. This thread, at least for a few posts there, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I hope we keep in mind the civil cooperation thing once we get started. I don't think trop was trying to be malicious at all.

As to rounders, have sent him yet another site-mail today. If I get no response, we will move forward.

3/12/2011 3:05 PM
Nice work commish.
3/12/2011 3:09 PM
FYI, the reason we'd move forward quickly is because I have NO option to extend the privacy of the league. We were supposed to have all 32 owners ready when it got created.
3/12/2011 3:10 PM
Thanks.
3/12/2011 3:10 PM
All I said was that I think since we all have MLB team names to keep consistency the minor league team should be a somewhat real name, and preferably a real franchise name.  I certainly didnt intend to be hostile or anything.  FYI  :)
3/12/2011 6:01 PM
I also think that if Rounders doesnt sign up today we should replace him with a replacement that will agree to sign up immediately, as doing the homework is certainly easier for most of us on the weekend then weekdays.
3/12/2011 6:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
For Life: City Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.