4th Year Coach - here to stay - love the game Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
 great post milmont. i have a 2-2 record in the playoffs the last 2 seasons...with all 4 teams i faced having superior talent to mine (the 2 losses being fairly close games to a couple of Dobie Div3 perennial powerhouses). talent is the key to consistent winning...but gameplanning definitely is a huge factor on a game-to-game basis
2/28/2011 2:55 AM (edited)
Pretty impressive for a 4th year coach. I think you pulled off a few nice upsets last year and almost pulled one off vs me. You held me to the lowest point total thus far this year, and kept the ball away from my secondary which was a pretty smart move.

But once your QB started to throw it turnovers turned the tide of the game, if it's any consolation I picked off Pace 6 times, and he has the leading QB in yards and TD's (all time)

I think you were spot on, on what you were trying to accomplish that game and you almost did it. To be honest I didn't gameplan at all, mainly because I've lost a lot of interest in the game, but good game none the less.

2/28/2011 2:57 AM
You have a future in sportswriting, methinks.

You may want to consider installing a 2 minute offense though, even when you are in conservative mode. If your RB doesn't break out for a 23 yard run at the end of the 1st half, you probably run down the clock enough with that play that you don't get a second chance at a TD. Pretty lucky there.
2/28/2011 6:50 AM
good job figuring how to make the engine work for you. keep recruiting , keep tweaking , youll keep getting better. im still trying to leatn it , n im getting slightly better
2/28/2011 7:40 AM
Posted by memphisblue on 2/28/2011 1:16:00 AM (view original):
good game , i had fun reading it. i am also learing that game plans can shut diwn talent now if done correctky. im sticking around a while.
I shut down a couple of good teams with gameplans in the old engine.    But, lof course, it is easier now that they took out aspects of gameplanning such as pass distribution, and having separate packages that can be used to exploit the other teams weaknesses
2/28/2011 7:50 AM
Posted by bfkfraser on 2/28/2011 7:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by memphisblue on 2/28/2011 1:16:00 AM (view original):
good game , i had fun reading it. i am also learing that game plans can shut diwn talent now if done correctky. im sticking around a while.
I shut down a couple of good teams with gameplans in the old engine.    But, lof course, it is easier now that they took out aspects of gameplanning such as pass distribution, and having separate packages that can be used to exploit the other teams weaknesses
iTS FUNNY THESE GUYS TALK LIKE UPSETS ARE NOT THE NORM...................................

"Good job" " " Keep AT IT''.

Nothing but unfounded back slapping..Damn that was some good stuff,creating mis matches and the chess games with other coaches who would move guys around to do the same.Now  you just gotta win the flip and not guess wrong.So challenging put out a 5-2 bal bal versus most sets zzzzzzzzzzzz
2/28/2011 8:44 AM
let the new coach enjoy the game, will ya??  I think it's great that he likes it so much.  
2/28/2011 8:53 AM
Who hacked into your account, Daniel???
2/28/2011 9:44 AM
Posted by tcochran on 2/28/2011 6:34:00 AM (view original):
Yeah... I hate to burst your bubble here, but you are creating explanations that sound good to fit the end results.

Exactly.
2/28/2011 10:46 AM
Posted by DKC on 2/28/2011 8:53:00 AM (view original):
let the new coach enjoy the game, will ya??  I think it's great that he likes it so much.  
+1
2/28/2011 10:54 AM
12 Next ▸
4th Year Coach - here to stay - love the game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.