What's WIS worth? Topic

We aren't dead yet, and there's at least some level of hope moving forward.
1/28/2018 1:57 PM
Agreed - not sure where the negativity is coming from. With the new ownership, there's more hope for progress than there has been in years, in my opinion.
1/28/2018 2:02 PM
Posted by jfranco77 on 3/3/2011 7:40:00 AM (view original):
Most of the money I spend is in GC's - whenever I join a league that requires them, then I have to put up the cash.

I probably bought about 4 6-packs last year and the rest of my teams I played for free. You can play a long, long time for free when you win the WISC and 2 TOCs in relatively short order. Which is good since I haven't done much since.
TOC's will go a long way. I am actually bought a flat screen TV off of the TOCs amazon gift card rewards while I was in college. I am guessing I have received around 300,000 credits from WIS. If you buy 6 packs as rewards, that is 1500 a team. That is around 200 teams in credit which is definitely more than the 121 teams I have played. I also guess that I don't play nearly as much as others on this site, I usually only have 1 or 2 teams going at a time.
1/28/2018 11:15 PM
Posted by skunk206 on 1/28/2018 1:57:00 PM (view original):
We aren't dead yet, and there's at least some level of hope moving forward.
The only hope is that this site won't die completely. I have little hope they will ever improve it.
1/30/2018 6:25 PM
if they could just make some money

there must be about a billion programmers in the world right now and they can't all be eating good

surely for a half interest in a dying game some sweaty teenager in Malawi could convert the output to pictures that move so fast they look like real life

so i could watch a game

gridiron dynasty needs it the most

baseball has pretty good fields of data, i can picture it

football has a outside text app and a inside text app and a inside graphic app and it would not take a genius to put the three together
1/31/2018 1:19 AM
Posted by profcake on 1/28/2018 11:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jfranco77 on 3/3/2011 7:40:00 AM (view original):
Most of the money I spend is in GC's - whenever I join a league that requires them, then I have to put up the cash.

I probably bought about 4 6-packs last year and the rest of my teams I played for free. You can play a long, long time for free when you win the WISC and 2 TOCs in relatively short order. Which is good since I haven't done much since.
TOC's will go a long way. I am actually bought a flat screen TV off of the TOCs amazon gift card rewards while I was in college. I am guessing I have received around 300,000 credits from WIS. If you buy 6 packs as rewards, that is 1500 a team. That is around 200 teams in credit which is definitely more than the 121 teams I have played. I also guess that I don't play nearly as much as others on this site, I usually only have 1 or 2 teams going at a time.
The Amazon GCs are where it's at. I can't remember the last time I have actually had to spend money on Amazon
1/31/2018 1:28 PM
Seriously, I furnished much of my condo with WIS Amazon Gift Cards, ha
1/31/2018 2:00 PM
I continue enjoying all the aspects, including the community. Maybe I'll be the one to turn out the lights, but I just don't see where negativity about the site's future comes from. I sense it's not prevalent within the bell curve of normalcy, which is to say most are happy and continue the enjoyment of building teams, competing, and helping others when so asked. So, what is it worth? If need be I'll keep buying six packs. I get my share of freebies but have never reinvested them in anything other than teams. With the new ownership there is hope for the future. Until then, keep bringing it on.
1/31/2018 5:31 PM
Agreed about the community. Aside from testing new teams, my favorite part of this game is the rivalries that develop with other owners.
1/31/2018 5:39 PM
Posted by redwingscup on 1/31/2018 5:31:00 PM (view original):
I continue enjoying all the aspects, including the community. Maybe I'll be the one to turn out the lights, but I just don't see where negativity about the site's future comes from. I sense it's not prevalent within the bell curve of normalcy, which is to say most are happy and continue the enjoyment of building teams, competing, and helping others when so asked. So, what is it worth? If need be I'll keep buying six packs. I get my share of freebies but have never reinvested them in anything other than teams. With the new ownership there is hope for the future. Until then, keep bringing it on.
What you, Ozomati and Skunk206 said.
1/31/2018 7:22 PM
It still beats APBA and STRATOMATIC or the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED games!
1/31/2018 7:54 PM
Low cost for the amount of time spent on it. Compare to the cost of other hobbies and activities.
2/7/2018 11:57 PM
◂ Prev 12
What's WIS worth? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.