Sometimes your teams all seem to hit a rough patch at once, and you can see why: they're all playing top teams and facing Greg Maddux or Pedro, etc.

Then there are times that defy explanation. I've got nine teams virtually on cruise control: five in 1st place, three more leading the WC standings. Then: They go 24-30 and wind up at what I hope is their nadir this afternoon with a 1-8 round in which five of them lost to teams with losing records. Two of these were swept by the "losers."

Put me down as a mystified whiner. Luck is a *****.
3/2/2011 6:41 PM
P.S. The only game I won in today's pm2 round was the one I should have lost, because I started a AAA pitcher in order to give my regular starters a rest.
3/2/2011 6:43 PM
P.P.S. There's always the fear -- isn't there? -- that when your luck turns bad, it will just stay that way.

WWWwwwhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnneeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3/2/2011 6:44 PM
I know the feeling.  I'm in a theme now where I have always done well, and well into the season I have five starters battng 70-100 pts below RL and another in the 50s.  Play this game enough, and you'll experience all sorts of oddities.
3/2/2011 7:19 PM
An update, if anyone actually cares.

The spell hasn't ended yet. Over the past 15 rounds of games, my nine active teams are 63-72, but two of them have actually done well. Subtract those two, and the total is 42-63.

The worst are two teams that fell out of first place with 4-11 and 2-13 stretches.

Now, if you subtract only those two teams, the record is 57-48, which would be O.K., except that the 42-63 record has eroded the standing of every team except the two warm ones.

Some owners claim the Sim is too streaky. I've never been one of them. I've endured long dry spells as far as championships but I've never suffered an extended slump across the board equal to this one before.

And even then I realize that there are owners out there who've never won championships and some who have a hard time getting their ratings in the plus range. So, I'll stop whining publicly now.

Oh, Sim gods, hear my prayers...

3/3/2011 8:25 PM
AS IF WE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN LISTEN TO YOU WHINE

-----SIM GODS-----
3/4/2011 1:11 AM
Posted by pinotfan on 3/2/2011 7:19:00 PM (view original):
I know the feeling.  I'm in a theme now where I have always done well, and well into the season I have five starters battng 70-100 pts below RL and another in the 50s.  Play this game enough, and you'll experience all sorts of oddities.
Well Pinotfan, you're a better man than me, because if I had that many players performing that bad, I would be making major changes before the losing gets out of hand.
4/2/2011 11:19 PM
And the bad time passed, and the good time came, and the user began again to worry again about when the next bad time would come...
4/3/2011 2:27 AM
Dt, sometimes we just have to wonder what any of this has to do with the sex life of the tse-tse fly.
4/3/2011 11:29 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.