FAQs on Progressives Topic

Contrarian..the opening post is golden. I didnt get into progressives for a long time at WIS because I didnt understand them and thought they were just for the experts. After learning WIS a bit I jumped in and now have 49 seasons with pretty decent success .550 Win Pct. I was just reading your post this morning for the first time and am pretty sure had I read it sooner, I would have learned quicker. A couple of things I didnt see in your post that surprised me based on my learnings that I am sure YOU KNOW.
- You didnt mention the etiquette of trading many future picks (required if you want to ever get a Cobb, Ruth, etc.) that you should expect then to stay through that period. Many owners mortgage the future then bail on a bad team making it hard to attract new owners.
- As for addressing tanking...many thoughts. I do believe in the worst teams drafting high to keep parity. I think Win floors do help, draft lotteries for a certain number but I feel tie breakers should go to those teams who performed BEST head to head. So 2 bad teams but reward the team who was stronger H2H, removing the incentive to tank against your competition for the top pick.
- I fully agree on the veto points. Ive seen owners who veto EVERY trade some owners make which I think is total BS but I also believe if you pay your money you can do what you want with your vote. It just seems bush league as I love to trade because I like certain players or have a different strategy.
- Having a decisive commissioner is important. However, I have seen a few instances where the Commishes with inferiority complexes or are too controlling without letting the owners have some say cause issues. Commishes work hard, deserve respect but the owners pay the same amount so should be allowed some opinions or suggestions without threats from Commishes to kick them out.

Again, great post....wish I would have read it sooner. Didnt know if adding any of the above (if you agree) would save someone else the time to read 9 pages...
8/31/2019 10:54 AM
Posted by marcstuart on 1/19/2012 10:23:00 PM (view original):
I'm in two ongoing progs (13 and 9 seasons.)  Wouldn't even consider playing another OL.
My favorites as well.
6/30/2021 5:51 AM
Did a Forum Search and was unable to find anything on the subject of Private League Forums.

I probably would find some of these Progressive League Private Forums interesting. There previously, more then ten years ago, were complaints about League business clogging up some forums, such as running drafts. Eventually Leagues were given their own private forums.

There was a cost from keeping a Leagues forums private. Posts in the forums could be good publicity for leagues, and informing new users on the concept of Progressive Leagues.
7/8/2021 11:18 PM (edited)
I would like the opportunity to view some of these League Forums.

My idea is a League could allow viewers who could only observe, with no option for posting.

Of course a League could choose to not allow viewers.
7/8/2021 11:19 PM (edited)
Posted by The_Creeper on 8/31/2019 10:54:00 AM (view original):
Contrarian..the opening post is golden. I didnt get into progressives for a long time at WIS because I didnt understand them and thought they were just for the experts. After learning WIS a bit I jumped in and now have 49 seasons with pretty decent success .550 Win Pct. I was just reading your post this morning for the first time and am pretty sure had I read it sooner, I would have learned quicker. A couple of things I didnt see in your post that surprised me based on my learnings that I am sure YOU KNOW.
- You didnt mention the etiquette of trading many future picks (required if you want to ever get a Cobb, Ruth, etc.) that you should expect then to stay through that period. Many owners mortgage the future then bail on a bad team making it hard to attract new owners.
- As for addressing tanking...many thoughts. I do believe in the worst teams drafting high to keep parity. I think Win floors do help, draft lotteries for a certain number but I feel tie breakers should go to those teams who performed BEST head to head. So 2 bad teams but reward the team who was stronger H2H, removing the incentive to tank against your competition for the top pick.
- I fully agree on the veto points. Ive seen owners who veto EVERY trade some owners make which I think is total BS but I also believe if you pay your money you can do what you want with your vote. It just seems bush league as I love to trade because I like certain players or have a different strategy.
- Having a decisive commissioner is important. However, I have seen a few instances where the Commishes with inferiority complexes or are too controlling without letting the owners have some say cause issues. Commishes work hard, deserve respect but the owners pay the same amount so should be allowed some opinions or suggestions without threats from Commishes to kick them out.

Again, great post....wish I would have read it sooner. Didnt know if adding any of the above (if you agree) would save someone else the time to read 9 pages...
Like the idea of greater exposure for the concept of Progressive Leagues. Create some curiosity for those who haven't tried Progressive Leagues.
7/9/2021 7:16 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8
FAQs on Progressives Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.