"Clean up on Aisle 4" Topic

Can you designate one guy to be your "slop pitcher?"  The one that only comes in when you're up/down five runs or so? 
3/4/2011 4:55 PM
Sure, that's the "mop-up" setting.

If you are OK with that pitcher being used when you are ahead by a lot (not just when you're behind by a lot), then be sure to uncheck the "use mop-up only when losing" box on your style settings in the manager center.

Be aware though that using the mop-up can have unintended consequences, and occasionally other users feel that the mop-up is not used properly.

For example, if you really want someone to mop up, you probably want to set their pull setting to "1."  No sense using them if they're going to be pulled after giving up a couple of hits.  The problem with that, though, especially if you use the mop-up guy with a lead, is that he may be left in to absorb a beating and blow the lead. 

3/4/2011 5:07 PM
Also, read the "How Sparky Uses His Bullpen" thread for more information.
3/4/2011 5:08 PM
Also realize that no matter how you set the mopup use toggle, the sim will use your mopup anytime that your settings for inning availability and rest percentage make others not available for use in a particular inning.
3/4/2011 5:57 PM

And Sparky will use him in an extra inning game before he uses your rested closer.  I know, its cost me a couple of games.

3/4/2011 6:59 PM
Posted by lastinspace2 on 3/4/2011 6:59:00 PM (view original):

And Sparky will use him in an extra inning game before he uses your rested closer.  I know, its cost me a couple of games.

Only if the "only use closer in save situations" box is checked, otherwise, sparky will use your closer in a tie game.
3/5/2011 4:12 AM
Also, if the mop-up has a pull setting of 1, he may not be removed if your team comes back and ties the game. 
3/8/2011 12:25 PM
"Clean up on Aisle 4" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.