How does the sim determine when a pinch runner is used? How does it decide who to use?
3/6/2011 11:46 PM
Anyone have any insight?
3/7/2011 11:05 AM
I do not know how the SIM determines whether to use a pinch runner, except for the obvious point that your managerial setting will influence frequency.

As to the 2nd question, I would assume that the SIM will choose the player on your bench with the highest speed rating.  I do not think that SB frequency/ability factors into the choice at all.  But I do not know this for certain.
3/7/2011 11:11 AM
It would be interesting if the sim would use some of those ultra-high-speed Pitchers as Pinch Runners.  But I highly doubt the game has that in its logic tree.  Although that idea is not without historical precedent.  Even today, managers like TLR use speedy pitchers as pinch-runners.
3/7/2011 9:22 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.