Waiver Wire problem! Topic

I'm trying to drop two position players to pick up one and for some reason, when I go to release the players, I am only given the option of releasing my pitchers?  Why is this?  I submitted a ticket, but am fearful that the player I want will be gone by the time I get an answer.
3/13/2011 11:27 PM
You have to maintain at least 4800 PA's in an OL.  Chances are dropping one of your position players is dropping you below that minimum, which is why SIM is only giving you the option of dropping one of your pitchers.  Or the player you are trying to acquire is too expensive for the player(s) you propose to drop except for the pitchers it is letting you drop.  Have you added in the 10% WW fee?  Those are the two most likely explanations.
3/13/2011 11:48 PM
I worked around it.  I had to claim a $200,000 scrub and dropped the more expensive of the two guys I wanted to get rid of.  Then, when I went to claim the guy I wanted, I had more options of players whose dropped salary would allow me to claim him.

And it's worked out so far.  In 2 games, he's got 7 hits and has an OPS of 1.848.
3/14/2011 2:53 PM
Waiver Wire problem! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.