This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
it benefits people who run a daily shuttle to and from their farm system. they are effectively using all 33 of their players. The cap doesn't stop this strategy it just limits its flexibillity.
it also benefits people playing a fatigue strategy. This cap was first implemented becasue of the fatigue strategy.
3/22/2011 9:42 AM
The minor league salary cap sucks, in my opinion.  What it does is prevent you from resting a couple of regulars in the minors at the same time.  I occasionally prefer to do this - rest several players at once if they're fatiguing at a similar rate - and rather than have them languish on the bench, effectively reducing my active roster size, I would prefer to bring up my AAA guys to replace them.  Minor league salary caps prevent this, and I don't think there's a good argument to use them at all.

It's a big enough issue for me that I won't join a league that enforces a minor league salary cap, no matter how compelling I might otherwise find the theme.
3/22/2011 9:44 AM
well said, contrarian23. You sold me. I will submit a ticket.
3/22/2011 10:03 AM
It's a little annoying but I usually find a way to work around it. I like leagues with no transaction deadline. freezing your roster for 42 games is worse than having a minors salary cap. Either way you can draft accoringly if you know the rules in advance. I never join a league if the rules are subject to change.
3/22/2011 10:39 AM
In u-pick leagues it makes sense to get rid of the cap.
3/22/2011 11:32 AM
Posted by boogerlips on 3/22/2011 11:32:00 AM (view original):
In u-pick leagues it makes sense to get rid of the cap.
I agree.  Part of the reason people will be attracted to your theme is the ability to U-Pick.  Many people join leagues because they think they see an advantage that they can take advantage of to win the league.  If you limit the ability to use the AAA you many scare those people away from your league.
3/22/2011 11:40 AM
Thank you, gentlemen. I really didn't give it any thought while in the Theme Wizard. A prospective manager raised the issue to me, and, frankly, I never gave it any thought. Injuries are on, and the transaction deadline is in effect.
3/22/2011 12:03 PM
Posted by pfattkatt on 3/22/2011 12:03:00 PM (view original):
Thank you, gentlemen. I really didn't give it any thought while in the Theme Wizard. A prospective manager raised the issue to me, and, frankly, I never gave it any thought. Injuries are on, and the transaction deadline is in effect.
I mean this in absolutely no offense to you pfattkatt, but as a general statement to guys that want to start leagues.  SO please don't be mad that I am using your league as an example.  You should really to into consideration all the options in the Theme Wizard.  I believe it makes for better leagues and stronger postings in the forums.  The first thing I consider is "what is my premise" for a league.  Using your league: "I want to star an OL style league, but I disagree with some of the OL rules.  If I did it myself, I think people would like the OL better."  Also consider what types of owners you will attract.  In a league like your you will attract two types of owners (in general).  #1: Guys that like OL (and 80 mil caps)  #2: Guys that like lots of AAA and pick-your-own.  From there you consider, would it better with or without clones?  Trades, WW, DH.  Should the pool be open or should I limit the deadballers?  Should I blacklist some guys? AAA is a big one as their are so many choices.  Should I have AAA?  How many? What level? Should there be a salary cap?  Should there be a deadline?  In your league I would say, since I am going to get guys that like lots of AAA and pick your own, maybe I should get rid of the Minor League Cap so that they can use as many as they want whenever they want. These are guys that like to play with their rosters on a very regular basis.  Transaction deadline: perhaps these guys like to wheel and deal and futz with their rosters so much that thay would love it if I moved the deadline WAY back so they can continue to play up until the end.  They may think "hey I am never out of it" in this league.  Again, not criticizing you.  There are so many guys that start leagues that are really half assed and they think that guys don't care about the details..  Again, I am not saying you are like that as clearly your concern for this question shows you want to have great leagues.
3/24/2011 12:07 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.