Low PA Pitcher Batting Averages Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
iirc, pitchers with PAs below 50 are given extra strikeouts to their batting stats until they hit 50.
3/23/2011 9:56 PM
I think its something like a .185 avg. I know that sound random, but thats what I remember. Could be as low as .150. Thats all the remaining PA up to 50. So if your dood hit .300 in 25 PAs, you might expect him to be a .225 hitter. Or maybe slightly better.
3/24/2011 12:54 AM
I had an '06 Wainwright hit a playoff clinching HR for me in one of my first few seasons. One of the few boxscore I remember anything about. He was eithe 1 for 1 or 1 for 2 in '06, the one hit being a homer. And he was hitless for my team all season until then too.
3/24/2011 3:22 AM
2 years ago I often used hitting pitchers and I never get much out of those with less than 50 AB. I concluded that the formula doesn't work.
3/24/2011 10:22 AM
Ya, I remember using baseball almanac to locate the guys with 40-49 PAs who had great hitting stats, but they didn't hit so well for me.
3/24/2011 10:49 AM
Low PA Pitcher Batting Averages Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.