Posted by bob_caruther on 4/1/2011 11:32:00 AM (view original):
I'm new to this game, found a coupon code in a fantasy magazine I picked up and thought I'd give the game a try.  I came onto the forums here because when I signed up my team, the introduction tutorial suggested the forum as a place to learn how to play.  Then I came across this thread.

This entire thread has turned me off from the game altogether. This guy epolice comes off as a saint. He comes off like he is warning people of this guy??? Warning the league of a guy who wants to play an online fantasy game.  Really now.  So dangerous.  Really it sounds like he is trying to just get people on his side about this guy for some reason.  What kind of guy starts a thread likes this? If I have a problem with someone, such as he does with this cwillis guy then I deal with that guy man-to-man.  This coward has opened up a public thread.  The funny thing is, half the posts are made by epolice and this guy bilfert, who has basically the same writing style.  Even their discussion over the word "kid" is laughable.  So me being the curious sort I am, actually looked at posts by these two guys.  Seems epolice is rather new to the game, but does exceptionally well playing the game...almost as if he has played the game before.  It's really not too hard to have more than one profile. Seems bilfert has been around for a long time.  Funny thing is, this guy cwillis seems to have ticked off both these guys.  Perhaps he embarrassed "each" somehow and "they" want revenge.  This guy bilfert did admit cwillis posted something to some forum he had and he deleted it.  Why not just keep the post as is? Oh...probably because it embarrassed bilfert.  Oh, longtime standing member of the WIS community bilfert who doesn't like "newbies." 

Ole bilfert likes to think he is smart.  He even mentions in one of his posts (as he tries to come off as a saint too) that "it is not as if he is smart or anything" proving that this guy cwillis is an idiot, but just wants to warn people of new commissioners.  Funny thing about bilfert and epolice, they have both accused this cwillis guy of just being out for a free team by being a commissioner.  I looked up this cwillis guy...seems like he has a lot of teams.  But, the whole looking for a free team seems like such a childish thing to point the finger at someone for. 

Heck, I made a couple profiles so I could try a few free teams...don't fault cwillis at all if he likes free teams.  I do.  Heck, how many new players has cwillis brought to the game I wonder?

Sounds to me like certain guys who play this don't respect new players to the game much.  As one of the posters on this thread said, it would seem you would want new players.   This thread has turned me off to playing again or even bothering to monitor my one team.   I looked at a lot of this guy bilfert's threads...many are just so negative. He has one about Milton Bradley. I mean, who really cares enough about what Milton Bradley does to start a thread about him? 

I expect we are not getting the whole story here. The fact this cwillis guy hasn't responded shows some dignity on the guy in my opinion.  Hell, he's probably a jerk too, who knows.  But if all he did was call the epolice guy names...well, honestly, I can see that.  Seems epolice is an online bully.  Like bilfert, the language he uses is that of a 25-27 year old white male, who actually has the maturity level of a 19 year old.  Probably never been with a woman. 

I'm a profiler, so I see this sort of thing from time to time online.  Lot of Trolls online...online bullies.  Don't have the balls to at least be a bully in real life, hide behind nicknames and such online.  I get off calling them out. 

Okay guys...now you can have fun ranking on me...good ole Bob Carruthers.  How about you start up a whole new forum about me?  That would be fun huh? Make you feel smart and powerful. How about this...how about you suggest that Bob Carruthers and cwillis are one and the same?  Real jerk those guys...or that guy...or whatever.  LOL

Elect Bob Carruthers for the Hall of Fame!!! Peace out. 

welcome to the discussion cwill.
4/1/2011 3:24 PM
My favorite part was him accusing Bilfert and epolice of being the same person!

Seriously, cwillis, why not just post with your own name if you have anything to say in your defense?  Oh right:

The fact this cwillis guy hasn't responded shows some dignity on the guy in my opinion.

It's more dignified to respond using the most obvious alias this site has ever seen?  

4/1/2011 5:24 PM
holy sh*t....this thread is still on-going??? is this really an issue, still?

guys -  there's even REAL baseball going on..........

wow.

(yes, I felt compelled to put my 2 cents in - solicited or not)
4/1/2011 5:43 PM
Best April Fools post ever.     
4/1/2011 8:50 PM
Posted by bklynborn on 4/1/2011 5:44:00 PM (view original):
holy sh*t....this thread is still on-going??? is this really an issue, still?

guys -  there's even REAL baseball going on..........

wow.

(yes, I felt compelled to put my 2 cents in - solicited or not)
Have to side with brooklyn on this one.  Game called on account of boredom.
4/2/2011 1:46 AM
And BTW, since you've bored me, I'll nitpick.  Memo to bob_caruther:  It's Bob Caruthers, with an "s."  Like cwillis.  Otherwise it would be cwilli.
4/2/2011 4:42 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Guess who's back . . . .
4/5/2017 9:16 PM
Posted by EricD183 on 4/5/2017 9:16:00 PM (view original):
Guess who's back . . . .
Hitler
4/5/2017 9:52 PM
I wonder if anyone from this thread is even still on here
Epolice183-
4/6/2017 10:47 AM
c Willis is and I think he is a good guy he is one of guys along with pfattkatt god rest his soul who helped me with advice in my start with WIS
4/6/2017 7:34 PM
I guess he's grown up. Good for him.
4/7/2017 8:55 AM
◂ Prev 123456

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.