Who are your Favorite League commissioners? Topic

and why?

I was thinking about this today when I realized I am an awful runner of leagues.

I like Crustydoc because he is funny and organized.  I would like Minnow as well but he always beats me.
3/30/2011 2:02 PM
I'll go with thejuice6 for quantity (keeps so many damn balls in the air with his tourneys, and doesn't drop any of them) and contrarian23 for quality (really goes above and beyond in his NWP prog).  

Honorable Mention: genemock91, ff09, 0soup4u (interesting, well-run themes that keep me coming back for more).  

Honestly, it's probably been 2-3 years since I was in a poorly-run theme.  I stick with the tried and true now.  
3/30/2011 2:26 PM
Thanks for the props TJ. Everything I do is just pretty much taken from others though whose leagues I've been a part of.

Anyway I don't play in many leagues, but whoscraig is the best I've seen. The Icon league takes so much time since you have to check every available player on B-R and note which teams they've played for. This along with him doing little things in the forum like league leaders, career achievements, HOF monitors, posting the top tier upcoming rookies years in advance, and simulating each seasons all-star game, really makes him stand out.
3/30/2011 4:20 PM
To name a few

Progs:
cardinaldave
sjstapleton
whoscraig (big ups for both Icon leagues)
odalisgagne

Themes:
futurekid6
finn2030
3/30/2011 4:57 PM
I'll put in a plug for sheller as a progessive commish he is as good as there is.
3/30/2011 5:05 PM
thejuice6 definitely
schwarze definitely (the WISC alone is an enormous undertaking)
jfranco77; I've only played a few of his themes, but Favorite Player is a gem, and he's just generally on top of things

I'll second the props for fk6 and finn2030; both are great theme commissioners.

And crazystengel, thanks for the recognition; your themes are also fun to play, you stay on top of stuff and don't make things any harder than they have to be.

The commissioners who really bug me, and whose themes I readily avoid, are those who don't do the work and/or don't police their own rules.  If your theme has ANY roster restrictions on it, please be prepared to check EVERY roster carefully.  Mistakes happen a lot, by commission and omission.  Just as an example, in thejuice6's current tourney, round 3, we're down to a group of very experienced owners.  All of these guys are HOFs who play frequently and know what they are doing.  And yet about 10% of the submitted rosters needed correction.  No one was trying to cheat, I'm 100% confident of that.  But mistakes happen.  You have to check.
3/30/2011 5:29 PM
sheller runs a great progressive league and my thanks go out to him for helping me set up my first progressive.
3/30/2011 5:37 PM
Hockeyhead does a real good job as well.
3/30/2011 10:50 PM
dare I say.....nahhhh....haha
3/30/2011 11:23 PM
Since I mainly play progressives now... I'll only mention those commissioners leagues I've participated in...

In no particular order...

Bootone-always keeps things moving very quickly between seasons...very fair and consistent.  I always trust him...
Sheller-He's as good as there is...always runs a great progressive.
Slim Senior-A BIG stickler for the rules...and very solid.
Ace-Underrated but a very enthusiastic commish!

There are others, but its late.
3/31/2011 2:01 AM
TOnJ is my hero.
3/31/2011 2:50 AM
Thanks Mensu!

I have to say that Bootone is my favorite commissioner, as i try and base my league's off of his.
Big_Dowg is also a very experienced commish who runs a very good league which i have been a part of for 19 seasons now.
Mw100 is a very reliable and respected owner who does a fantastic job with the 2001 Cardinalsin Progressive!
Even though i have only played in his league for 4 seasons, slickstick81 is a very solid commissioner who sticks to his guns, very respectable in my book!
3/31/2011 2:52 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/30/2011 10:50:00 PM (view original):
Hockeyhead does a real good job as well.
^ my vote, have played in his exclusive position player themes for years.
3/31/2011 11:17 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
zub, you need to try a prog.
3/31/2011 4:26 PM
12 Next ▸
Who are your Favorite League commissioners? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.