Who are your Favorite League commissioners? Topic

contrarian23
3/31/2011 5:32 PM
Posted by zubinsum on 3/31/2011 3:42:00 PM (view original):
 I haven't comished much, but being a good comish to me is more about what not to do than what to do.  I have only noticed a comish when they have done something screwy (mostly break their own rules.)   Then again, I have never played a progressive, so I am unsure about them,
I think the really good commissioners create an atmosphere that heightens the experience.   I can't quite put my finger on it but the leagues I really like playing in I can tell you what guys are in it and what teams they run.
3/31/2011 5:39 PM
Contrarian23 
3/31/2011 7:04 PM
geez...I'm humbled now...thanks guys
3/31/2011 9:06 PM
Can't believe nobody has nominated juggalosteve
4/5/2011 1:15 PM
And the award goes to:

Supporting Commissioner Award: (whether building draft lists or straight up taking over a league, leagues run better when this winner is in them)
Crustydoc

Artistic Achievement: (for creating the most creative/unusual leagues and the prowess to run them with all the wacky rules)
Bheid408

Lifetime Achievement Award: (long history of solid contribution in the field of theme creation and execution)
Finn2030
Runner-up: jfranco77

Sci-Tech Award (revealing the mysteries of the SIM through theme simming)
Some solid single theme contributions (Break the SIM offense, non-catchers at catcher, ect.) but for overall body of work, it's gotta be the $40 mil man himself:
zubinsum

Historical Legacy Award (best league record keeping)
I'd take other nomination, but my vote goes to the commish below for the old pitcher teammates league
Got_Worms
Runner-up: cardinalsin

Fishing for Compliments Award
Trentonjoe (I kid, I kid, the SYN league is always a quality and well run theme)

Okay, I'm running out of category ideas, but some others that should be invited to walk down the red carpet:
Datatrek, tdoak, ff09, contrarian23, ace1430, dippedncrack, elduro25, crazystengel, ssupfoo, Bilfert, genemock91, mw100, Jtpsops

Uh-oh, they're cranking up Fogerty's Centerfield on the speakers, looks like I need to get off-stage. I'm sure I missed some commissioners, but I'd like to thank anyone who's ever tried to run any sort of complicated, fun theme idea. Keep up the good work.

4/5/2011 2:44 PM (edited)
I've played against contrarian23 many times and he's a great owner, but I've rarely, if ever, played in one of his leagues.  So...

futurekid6... hands down

bhied408, coming on strong.
4/6/2011 10:10 AM
I gotta give some love to FK6 for his continuing love of twist leagues. I can't even count the # of them I have played in. I wish he'd come up with some new ideas since I usually win season 1 and then never win again :)

Also give some love to genemock - he's mostly doing progressives now, I am in almost all of them and they're a blast.
4/6/2011 10:55 AM
futurekid6, by far the best commish I've ever seen.

Always on top of his current leagues. Gets the following season ready quick and early, posts stats-records-history for his leagues on-line, has great themes and stays interested in it at all times.
4/8/2011 3:24 AM
CREED29 usually gets my attention with his themes - good commish as well.
4/10/2011 2:52 AM
There are many good commishes out there and i appreciate them for all the work they do and crap they have to put up with.
They know who they are. I play in their leagues.
But as far as i'm concerned thejuice6 is in a class by himself.
Who else (besides schwarze's wisc) regularly fills tourneys of 200, 300 even 400+ teams.
And he pulls these tourneys off against all the odds.
The guy is nuts or something.
4/11/2011 11:40 PM
Thanks Dave (I think...)
4/12/2011 12:58 PM
Some great names on here so I'm just going to add one, Donburgh.  EO is a time consuming sucker to run and he's great at it.
4/12/2011 1:13 PM
Posted by The Taint on 4/12/2011 1:13:00 PM (view original):
Some great names on here so I'm just going to add one, Donburgh.  EO is a time consuming sucker to run and he's great at it.
I second the thought.
4/12/2011 1:56 PM
agreed...
4/13/2011 1:54 AM
◂ Prev 12
Who are your Favorite League commissioners? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.