Why do you give a **** what interests him?  Who are you to tell him what he wants to know isn't important?
3/31/2011 9:51 PM
Posted by isack24 on 3/31/2011 9:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tropicana on 3/31/2011 8:45:00 PM (view original):
My, god tec. How did you make it this far in this thread without killing someone??? I wanted to just reading it...
Are you being serious?

I didn't realize there were two people that could miss the point so badly.

Here, maybe caps will help:

HE DOESN'T CARE THAT IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING TO THE GAME OR THAT THE LABEL "KNUCKLEBALL" DOESN'T ACTUALLY MAKE IT A KNUCKLEBALL FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE GAME.  WE ALL UNDERSTAND THAT.  HE SIMPLY WANTS TO KNOW IF THE THOSE COMBINATION OF LABELS EXIST, REGARDLESS IF THEY MEAN ANYTHING.
 Some research indicates that writing in all caps has the opposite of its intended effect:  people actually read past the capitalized section, or, if they read it, their comprehension/retention is lower than for passages written without all caps.
3/31/2011 10:31 PM
You should tell that to legislators who require warranties in all caps.

And trust me, I harbored no illusions about the odds of my capitalized statement being read.          
3/31/2011 10:36 PM
Posted by isack24 on 3/31/2011 10:36:00 PM (view original):
You should tell that to legislators who require warranties in all caps.

And trust me, I harbored no illusions about the odds of my capitalized statement being read.          
I was just poking fun, no seriousness intended.

As for legislators, there is no telling them anything.
3/31/2011 10:45 PM
Oh, I know.  Dry senses of humor (mine) don't translate well in text.

And I know.
3/31/2011 10:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Please forgive me Captain Arbiter of Importance.
3/31/2011 11:28 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by rangerup on 3/31/2011 1:24:00 PM (view original):
I have seen pitchers that sport a 'nuck' in their arsenal of pitches.

Has anyone ever had or seen a true knuckleballer that was good?  Say (for simplicity Mike123456) a starting pitcher with OVR 80+ with only a knuckleball and fastball or something, with the 'nuck' rated as the major pitch?
You're highly unlikely to ever see that combination, simply because starters get generated with at least three pitches, and it would be the very rare reliever with an OVR of 80+.
4/1/2011 10:05 AM
I can't decide if this thread is funny or sad.   I wish WifS would designate funny/sad/stupid/informative next to the thread title.
4/1/2011 10:20 AM
It's tragicomical
4/1/2011 10:31 AM
Posted by shobob on 3/31/2011 9:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tedwmoore on 3/31/2011 2:26:00 PM (view original):
I haven't seen a knuckleballer (like usfbully, I rarely notice the names of pitches thrown).  But, like rangerup, I do enjoy random fun facts even if they don't affect the game engine.  For instance, I have a player from Nauvoo, IL, which is a big Mormon outpost.  This makes me like him a bit more because it tickles my funny bone.  Won't affect whether he plays or how long a contract he gets, and it is not relevant to the sim engine, but it is relevant to my enjoyment of the game.
I'm with Ted on this one.  I know that birthplace has no bearing on anything, but I have Bailey Dykstra on my team an will probably keep him as long as I can (overpaying him and playing him out of position - he's really a LF, not RF), just because he, like me, is a Canuck.
Um, no.  I have deemed his fake hometown irrelevant, so you're not allowed to care about it.
4/1/2011 11:48 AM
Hey, Surrey BC is real.  I've been there.
4/1/2011 12:08 PM
I would vote for funny, if not for the shear dense-headedness of teccywerg's complete inability to suspend his overly analytical mind for a brief nanosecond and realize the true nature of the question.

That fact that he thinks the question is irrelevant because it doesn't directly "affect" gameplay in a simulation computer game based on numbers crunching that means nothing in and of itself other than some measure of FUN for those who play it.....well now we are back to sad!
4/1/2011 12:18 PM
I know what tec was trying to do but I also know he was fighting a losing battle.

Sort of like most of you nerds trying to figure how to unsnap Fat Faye's bra when you were 17.
4/1/2011 12:38 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.