http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=1855075

This guys throws a knuckle, has won 9 cy youngs, and likely a 10th this season. Ranger tried to give him away this season for next to nothing because he felt a new owner doesn't deserve him.
8/21/2012 10:13 AM
What a dork.
8/21/2012 10:45 AM

Thought the big bad sheepdog blocked me the wolf with a badass fence?

8/21/2012 11:20 AM
Bumped for entertainment purposes only.
7/9/2013 11:13 AM
Lol just re-read this thread quickly.  I think, of all the asinine responses that teccywrrger has ever posted here, and there are a lot of them, this thread has to be the one that shows him as a total smart a**, entitled idiot.  Thanks for the re-read lol.
7/11/2013 5:56 PM
Posted by rangerup on 4/1/2011 4:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/1/2011 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Exactly.  Someone with three completed seasons may not understand such things.   Sort of like 85 range and 22 speed. 
It's got to be my all time favorite when guys who have spent more time playing a computer simulation game talk down to those who haven't "put the time in".

"You only have 5 seasons total, you don't know what we know"

The fact is, this game takes about ONE full season coupled with an hour of browsing the forum to know pretty much everything you will ever need to know about it.  Yet the veterans act like it takes years of hard computational analysis to really put it all together.  Reading those posts by them is borderline more entertaining than playing the actual game itself.  Cheaper too!
Ranger, thanks for reminding me about the entertainment value of this thread:

"The fact is, this game takes about ONE full season coupled with an hour of browsing the forum to know pretty much everything you will ever need to know about it."
7/11/2013 8:44 PM
Hi, new to the game here and having a blast thus far. Unbiased and completely horseless in this race, I have to say tecwrg, you come off a little brittle. I know now that pitch names are cosmetic, but that doesn't mean they aren't part of the fun of the game- furthermore, it was very obvious in the first page or two that range was in it just for the fun aspect of a knuckler. 

Why can't we all just be friends? 

PS- why does MikeT get such a bad wrap? he has promptly and thoroughly answer a few of my noob questions on this forum without being the prickly mean guy every makes him out to be. 

Just some musings from a forum new guy...
7/12/2013 3:06 PM
I tend to answer questions politely.    However, when it's not the answer that was wanted, some people get all dumbass about it.   Then I respond in dick manner because, if you had a specific answer you wanted, why ask the question?  You already know what you wanted to hear.
7/12/2013 3:16 PM
FWIW, I think rangerup is a dumbass that intentionally misleads people with his answers.   More than one person has asked me if I think he does it on purpose or because he doesn't know any better.
7/12/2013 3:17 PM
Lesliechow. When lesliechow is here, he isn't, and vice versa.
7/12/2013 3:33 PM
Posted by jdv22 on 7/12/2013 3:06:00 PM (view original):
Hi, new to the game here and having a blast thus far. Unbiased and completely horseless in this race, I have to say tecwrg, you come off a little brittle. I know now that pitch names are cosmetic, but that doesn't mean they aren't part of the fun of the game- furthermore, it was very obvious in the first page or two that range was in it just for the fun aspect of a knuckler. 

PS- why does MikeT get such a bad wrap? he has promptly and thoroughly answer a few of my noob questions on this forum without being the prickly mean guy every makes him out to be. 

You may (or may not) have noticed that ranger went back and removed his original post that started this thread.

As I remember, it was pretty clear that he was NOT asking for fun, that he believed that the names of pitches had relevance.  It was only after he changed his tune and tried to sell the idea that he was asking only for "fun" that he want back and removed the original post, because it didn't "fit" the new story.

And, as Mike as pointed out, ranger is a bit of an *** in the forums, giving out bad advice in the forums.  I'm not sure if he's doing that on purpose, or if he really believes what he posts.

Based on "true knuckballer", I think he really believes it.
7/12/2013 4:54 PM
Rangerup is to the Hardball forums what Brick Tamland is to Anchorman.

Except not funny or lovable.
7/12/2013 7:55 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/12/2013 4:54:00 PM (view original):

You may (or may not) have noticed that ranger went back and removed his original post that started this thread.

As I remember, it was pretty clear that he was NOT asking for fun, that he believed that the names of pitches had relevance.  It was only after he changed his tune and tried to sell the idea that he was asking only for "fun" that he want back and removed the original post, because it didn't "fit" the new story.

And, as Mike as pointed out, ranger is a bit of an *** in the forums, giving out bad advice in the forums.  I'm not sure if he's doing that on purpose, or if he really believes what he posts.

I did not. Crow eaten. Sorry for noob'ly butting in. hahahaha
7/15/2013 11:25 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/12/2013 4:54:00 PM (view original):

As one of the guys who jumped in I agree. He asked about the effectiveness of "True Knuckleballers". He thought the reason his "knuckleballers" were not succeding was because they did not have the right combo of pitch type and velocity.

It's not so much bad advice as it is, well ok its bad advice. I have seen him change his "approach" on the same day between two threads. The latest one I remember is the whol "Big 3" argument. Less than a day later his advice was "get the person with the best ratings" in as many categories.

7/15/2013 3:31 PM
Posted by dapperduck on 7/12/2013 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Rangerup is to the Hardball forums what Brick Tamland is to Anchorman.

Except not funny or lovable.
I don't think rangerup is retarded. I think he is a troll that pleasures himself everytime someone addresses him online. Being a fairly young guy myself (well, I was when I started playing WIFS 7 or 8 years ago, I am now married with children ), my guess is he is in the 14-15 year old range and just doesn't know any better. Jumping from team to team tring to win, starting irrational arguments, etc...

7/15/2013 3:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.