Kevin Love's 2010 Season Topic

Posted by eleibowitz on 4/8/2011 12:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 4/7/2011 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by eleibowitz on 4/7/2011 7:03:00 AM (view original):
Another guy looking forward to use, if he's not too expensive, is Kevin Martin.  He's scoring 23 points in 32 mins.  He has 439 3PA and 648 FTA.  He's eFG% is only at 50 but his TS% is a 60.  Just interested how he would perform in th SIM.
He won't get to the line as much in the sim, so his TS% will be lower.
Yeah he will get the line about 25% less but want to see how much TS% is being used in the SIM.  Kevin Martin wlll be a good barometer
in this question of the sim 'using' TS%, it doesnt

BUT

it does use all the elements that make up TS%

so in a way it does

the way it does is this - guys dont get to their IRLs for FTAs but often over produce treys and shoot them at a higher % than IRL

as for salary valuations (which is a function separate from the sim engine) I am sure that in a similar light TS% plays a role but probably only indirectly (i.e. as an aggregate of values and weights already attached to the component elements that make up TS%)
4/10/2011 10:30 AM
This is where I'm getting the SIM using TS% from

seble
Site Staff
MLB - 18 seasons NBA - 42 seasons NFL - 35 seasons HD - 45 seasons GD - 18 seasons HBD - 42 seasons

Add this user to favorites
Posted by qistat on 8/24/2010 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Just based on the variables used to calculate the new salaries alone there is an obvious glitch.

Anyone who fails to take advatage of this glitch will not be successfull and all championship teams will by default have to employ it.

What is the glitch?

The formula uses offensive production (ppg) and a few  offensive efficiency variables (eff fg%, tru shoot% ). The formula does not however incorporate any interaction between those two types of stats.

Therefore no hi efficiency/low production player (71 wilt, late Gilmore) should ever be used. You will want to draft players with both hi eff/hi prod and players who have low eff/low prod while exeling in other areas. Without following this formula succes will be impossible against an owner who uses it. 
I'm actually only using true shooting% and usage% currently.  They are factored separately, but both have significant weight.  I will probably do some tinkering with that component though.

4/10/2011 12:02 PM
It's using TS% for salary, not actual sim production.  And by now, we all (should) know that TS% is no where close to reliable in the sim as nobody gets to the line as much as they did IRL (unless they didn't get there much to start with like a late Jason Kidd).  That's why 87-88 Barkley went from one of the sim's best to being way overpriced... That and no longer being 100% at SF (except for one season - which actually is a bargain).
4/10/2011 3:51 PM
ok thanks for the claraifaction
4/10/2011 4:00 PM
also how long have you been around here that you think something seble posted is reliable? shame on you
4/10/2011 9:30 PM
Posted by felonius on 4/10/2011 9:30:00 PM (view original):
also how long have you been around here that you think something seble posted is reliable? shame on you

lol chastizing myself right now for my stupidity.  Won't be the last time....

4/11/2011 10:58 AM
Blake Griffin could be around 8.5 to 9.5 mil
4/13/2011 10:50 PM
The low D rating made Love's banner season vastly more affordable than I expected.  The question is whether it's actually usable.
5/19/2011 3:56 PM
No.  The question is: Why wouldn't you use it?
5/19/2011 4:13 PM
I think it's a steal in $42 mil leagues.  Still probing and experimenting to understand the impact of a low D rating in higher cap leagues.  I'm using Nater in a $47 mil league at the moment, taking his 20-something D rating for a spin.  He does seem to get lit up a lot, but to the extent that my team is having problems, I wouldn't say that's one of them.
5/19/2011 4:26 PM
love will prove his 47mil draft league value and then some after my odl team goes for 50+ wins....his numbers are incredible...i really feel like his dreb% and low fp48 will make him a better defender then most bigs whose defensive ratings are 30-50 points higher
5/19/2011 7:45 PM
Take the current cap and subtract 7.  Now think of the team in the environment of the old salary structure (the moses-rodman-peja-jesus-nash one).  So, yeah, Love should be pretty awesome in any cap up to the high 50s.
5/19/2011 7:46 PM
He also gives you a three pointer a game and gets to the line quite a bit for a 23% usage guy.  In cheaper (OL) environments, put him at center, 98 Rodman at PF and then have fun with your other guys.
5/19/2011 7:47 PM
i don't understand why you would use him. his defense is fairly low and there are guys with similar stats who have a much higher defensive rating.

don't you think his low low defense outweighs his rebounding prowess?
5/24/2011 9:39 AM
no
5/24/2011 11:35 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Kevin Love's 2010 Season Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.