This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I think the salary cap is 81.6mil.

As for the value of the AAA player, some players have negative value. Just because their price is a positive value, doesn't mean their actual value is.
4/3/2011 3:09 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 4/3/2011 2:45:00 PM (view original):
How exactly do cash deals work in a league with a salary cap?  I'm in an OL that just got started, and I see someone's trading away an AAA player for $400K (a ripoff, since average AAA are worth many times more than that, but never mind).  I understand that the owner sending the $400K must be under the cap to do so, but what about the owner who's receiving it?  Has he now got an 80.4M cap?
I'm in that same league.  The guy tried to offer me $400K for a AAA prospect who, even before running the charts, looks to be worth well over $2 MM.  I think the guy's stud pitching, low budget/prospect hitters are going to get murdered, but we'll see.  Actually kind of an interesting idea if he can pull off a lot of trades for 9 and 10 contact hitters with decent stamina. 
4/3/2011 3:35 PM
Generally, you not going to see too many 9 and 10 contact AAA hitters with stamina higher than E.  And when you do see them, their 9 or 10 contact rating is often misleading.
4/3/2011 3:54 PM
thunder, I agree it's an interesting idea.  I just don't like that it relies heavily on lopsided trades with owners who don't know the value of their AAA.
4/3/2011 3:57 PM
'apples for oranges' trades are more likely to get vetoed or complained about. even if they're fair. some people are tired of exploitive trades and don't know how to evaluate weird trades so they automatically veto.
4/3/2011 5:51 PM
Addressing the original question, excluding AAA players the league-wide salary cap is $80 mil x 24 Teams = $1,920 million.  If I trade $1 mil to you, my salary cap is now $79 mil and your is $81 mil but the league-wide cap is the same..
4/3/2011 8:12 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.