I see alot of guys using Noodles Hahn. His numbers do not seem so great to me. What am I missing here?
4/4/2011 10:20 AM
I don't use him often, but do occasionally in pitcher parks with some success (i.e. dome, petco, shea, etc...). He comes up on some of my searches when seeking a low bb/9, innings eating (you'll find most of his seasons are up around and over the 8 ip/9 mark), He is a good value pick in that 30k per IP or less range. Noodles has a couple of good ERC#/ERC+ seasons. I liken him to guys like the '76 Randy Jones, '03 Leever, etc...
4/4/2011 11:16 AM

I did notice that $ per ip seemed good. Planning next two teams in hitters park so maybe better wait to try later?

4/4/2011 12:46 PM
I like Noodles, and I use him fairly often on good hitting teams where I want solid, unspectacular pitching.  Noodles has never had a losing season for me out of 11 or 12, and he has had some very good ones.  He probably gets used a lot because owners (like me) are lazy when we're doing our research and, if you're searching for ERC# with more than 300 IP for under $10 million, his `04 season ranks third (usually $9.371 million well spent).
4/4/2011 1:54 PM
He's never shown up in any of my draft searches either.
4/4/2011 2:46 PM
I used to use him pretty regularly but I've kind of gotten away from the higher OAV, low BB9 guys. He's a great Tiger Stadium pitcher. 
4/4/2011 3:03 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.