Starlin Castro's Road to 3000 Hits. Topic

Posted by inkdskn on 4/30/2012 11:50:00 PM (view original):
Campana seems like he could steal 100 bases if he played every day and was able to get on base at a decent clip. He doesn't seem all that good, but is fun to watch.
Campana is the fastest cub I've seen for some time. Campana has the speed to do some great things. If he gets better at hitting, I can see him get a starting job. I am glad that he is on our team. 
5/1/2012 10:36 PM
2,610 left for castro! I would love to see him get  3,000

5/12/2012 7:15 PM
Did he stop hitting?
7/26/2012 10:36 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
693 and counting!!!!!
4/4/2014 8:21 PM
cub fans are funny
4/5/2014 7:41 AM
The 288 losses they have in the last 3 seasons is the most, in their history, of any consecutive 3 season period.    I think that killed them after all their Theo excitement.
4/5/2014 11:26 AM
So far Theo & Co. seem more interested in the business/revenue side of things than in putting a good team on the field. They keep saying prospects are on the horizon but it's hard to stay enthused when so many of them are far from the majors, and the young guys on the team (Castro/Rizzo/Castillo etc) don't seem like anything special. I'm still hoping Rizzo can turn into a stud but sometimes he seems completely overwhelmed. Castro seems  to have regressed, and I mean that in regard to his approach at the plate moreso than his numbers--he acts like it's an 0-2 count every pitch, and the coaching staff seems incapable of drilling into his head that that's a terrible approach. Throw in all the has-beens+never-weres that make up their everyday lineup, and it's just hard to give a ****. The ****** teams of the 80s/90s/00s at least always had some cool players to watch/root for, but the teams of recent years have had very few of them.

They have another young guy named Junior Lake that seems ok. Last year, I thought he was a typical Cub 'prospect' (ie a guy who would never be able to put up an above average OBP) but I feel like he is learning. He might be a productive player if this new ****** manager would put him in the lineup more often. Same goes for some other dude named Olt--he sucked in the minors last year but I think he had some weird injury where he couldn't see or some ****. He seems like he might be OK (28 HR in minors in 2012) but the damn manager likes to put in turds like Luis Valbuena etc instead of him. I feel like the least they could do is put some of these young dudes in the lineup more often--it'll give them some experience, give us fans something to root for, and it sure ain't gonna make the team any worse than when guys like Darwin Barney, Valbuena, Ryan Sweeney etc make up 1/3 or more of the damn lineup every day.

Hard to give much of a **** as a Cub fan at the moment, as watching games is more of a chore than a pleasure.

4/7/2014 11:35 AM
inkdskn!!! thought you were dead!
4/9/2014 3:16 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
2009 to go!
12/10/2015 5:39 PM
He'll get the rest as a Yankee. 
2/12/2016 6:13 PM
Countdown?
5/7/2017 7:13 PM
1783 TO GO!!!!
6/7/2017 9:30 PM
~
12/9/2017 10:56 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Starlin Castro's Road to 3000 Hits. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.