Baseline prestige list? Topic

Posted by Benis on 6/2/2017 11:02:00 AM (view original):
Not as important like in 2.0. Not by a long shot.
For anyone who understands DIV I.. this is absolutely true
6/2/2017 1:04 PM
ahh, yes, i get you. of course, that's a big difference, you're right. however, i am more talking about the power of prestige once you're in a battle, which is what i believe most people are referring to when they say that prestige was nerfed in HD3.
6/2/2017 1:06 PM
Posted by mullycj on 6/2/2017 1:04:00 PM (view original):
I feel like people have totally forgotten what recruiting was like in 2.0

if you had bad prestige a recruit would literally reject your home visit. You had ZERO chance to sign him. There were players who were unrecruitable to you until you improved your prestige. How is this not a huge difference? Kidding me?
6/2/2017 1:07 PM
but mully are you talking about the power of prestige or the dice-roll effect? i think these two separate things are being convoluted.

in HD2, A+ battles a B+, say they get to 70%. they win, easily. they only had to reach 50.1% and that's that.

in HD3, A+ battles a B+ and gets 70% effort. but he has a 30% chance to lose this recruit now.

but that's not prestige, that's the "dice roll."
6/2/2017 1:09 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 6/2/2017 1:06:00 PM (view original):
ahh, yes, i get you. of course, that's a big difference, you're right. however, i am more talking about the power of prestige once you're in a battle, which is what i believe most people are referring to when they say that prestige was nerfed in HD3.
Okay gotcha. Yeah in that sense it hasn't been neutered. But you gotta look at the whole picture. If I'm a C prestige now that means I gotta put in an extra 5 HVs or an extra 100 APs or whatever to beat an A prestige team. Previously I had to improve my prestige to B to even get in to a battle with an A prestige team (assuming they are going for a top player). That's what people mean when they say its not as important as it used to be.
6/2/2017 1:10 PM
yep, in that sense, i completely agree with you. i just see a lot of coaches in D1 complain that they lost a battle because prestige has been nerfed, and that's not why they lost a battle--they lost a battle because the RNG has been introduced at the end.
6/2/2017 1:15 PM
Perhaps. But the thing is, they wouldn't even BE in a battle in 2.0.

Lots of threads talking about a D2 or D3 beat a D1 team in a battle. That's not dice roll. That's a change in how high teams can reach for players.

it doesn't matter if you like that change or don't like it. Fact remains, getting a higher prestige made your battling life easier because you didn't even have to concern yourself with 98% of teams out there. It wasn't even a conversation.
6/2/2017 1:19 PM
Posted by Benis on 6/2/2017 1:19:00 PM (view original):

Lots of threads talking about a D2 or D3 beat a D1 team in a battle. That's not dice roll. That's a change in how high teams can reach for players.

it doesn't matter if you like that change or don't like it. Fact remains, getting a higher prestige made your battling life easier because you didn't even have to concern yourself with 98% of teams out there. It wasn't even a conversation.
Well, that sounds like a blast of fun. Out of 300 users, 6 had a shot at a specific recruit.
6/2/2017 1:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/2/2017 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 6/2/2017 1:19:00 PM (view original):

Well, that sounds like a blast of fun. Out of 300 users, 6 had a shot at a specific recruit.
Many would agree. But that's an opinion.

Its now easier to recruit with a low prestige school. Fact.
6/2/2017 1:28 PM
If the game is "6 of us can have the top 6 recruits, screw everybody else", it should be "easier" for others. FACT.
6/2/2017 1:30 PM
And its not like I'm complaining because I got my toys taken away. I've signed some great players starting with D prestige and have won dice rolls against higher prestige teams. Its been great for me.

Still the fact remains that its a different recruiting game now.
6/2/2017 1:30 PM
As well it should be. What you describe is impossible to sell to the public.
6/2/2017 1:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/2/2017 1:30:00 PM (view original):
If the game is "6 of us can have the top 6 recruits, screw everybody else", it should be "easier" for others. FACT.
Eh its more than 6. I pulled the 98% out my ***.

but. Look at real life (I cringe when I think that). Duke doesnt compete with buffalo for recruits. They compete with UNC and Syracuse. That's what the game was trying to emulate.
6/2/2017 1:34 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/2/2017 1:33:00 PM (view original):
As well it should be. What you describe is impossible to sell to the public.
That's not the topic here mike. Its whether or not prestige was nerfed. Not whether the nerfing was good for HD.
6/2/2017 1:35 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 6/2/2017 1:09:00 PM (view original):
but mully are you talking about the power of prestige or the dice-roll effect? i think these two separate things are being convoluted.

in HD2, A+ battles a B+, say they get to 70%. they win, easily. they only had to reach 50.1% and that's that.

in HD3, A+ battles a B+ and gets 70% effort. but he has a 30% chance to lose this recruit now.

but that's not prestige, that's the "dice roll."
Excellent point bathtub.

I was talking about the power of prestige before the random recruit decision to sign.
6/2/2017 1:37 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Baseline prestige list? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.