Where do OF gazelles like to run? Topic

If I had an outfield of Raines, McGee, and Coleman, which ballparks would be best suited for them? If I put them in Coors, and filled out my line-up with high SLG hitters at the corners and slick fielding middle infielders, would my speed in the outfield help to cut down on  my opponents' 2B and 3B? I would find pichers with very low OAV and HR rates, of course.
4/11/2011 12:19 PM
Do those guys actually hit a lot of doubles and triples? RL stats mean more than speed rating.

As long as you give up less HRs than you hit, you can play in a +hr park but I'd lean more towards Kauffman
4/11/2011 12:58 PM
OK, now that you bring up Kauffman, that's where I have put my teams so far. I like to build my offense around speed. But my teams underperform. I have yet to have a better home record than road record. And my pitchers always end up having much higher OAV numbers than their performance average. So their is something I'm missing.
4/11/2011 1:21 PM
The ability of OF to turn 2B and 3B into singles or outs is entirely embedded in their range rating. Their speed rating does not factor into that calculation at all.
4/11/2011 1:45 PM
OK, thanks guys, for the feedback. What about putting a guy with the highest RF + assist rate in right field? I'm thinking that high assists from the outfield come from a strong throwing arm. And the right fielder can show off his arm most by cutting down runners trying to stretch out a triple, or go from first to third on a single to right. Plus if my starting pitchers are all right-handers, and my competitors have a lot of switch hitters, they will hit left handed and tend to hit more balls to right field. Does the sim think this way?
4/11/2011 2:10 PM
Also no.  There is no separate consideration of arm, or of actual assists totals.  Everything you need to know about your fielders is in their Fld/RF grades (and the underlying FP% and RRF numbers).

Your right and left-fielders will get more plays depending on how many LH and RH batters are in the opposing lineup.  How much of a difference this makes over the course of a season I don't know.
4/11/2011 3:07 PM
Where do OF gazelles like to run? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.