A recruiting guide for New Coaches Topic

bump
5/16/2012 12:03 AM
when i first opened this thread, i was like wtf i thought this guide came out around the same time i wrote mine-- then i realized it was a year earlier, haha. i haven't read this one but i'd say no reason that they should be stickied or there shouldn't be a sticky with a "best of strategy" posts with guides linked in there.
5/16/2012 8:28 PM
just wondering what the FSS actually does and why someone would need it.  are there details i can get about players from a state i pay FSS for that i couldn't get without paying FSS?

thanks
12/20/2012 11:09 PM
shamrockmarc

FSS is essential to knowing in which areas the potential recruits will grow. The details you get, in essence, are the potentials. When you FSS a player, his high-potential areas will be blue, and you can expect a 21+ point growth in those areas. His medium potential areas will be black, and you can expect 8-21 points of growth in those areas. His low potential areas will be red, and you can expect 0-7 points of growth in those areas. This will help you project what the player will be like as a JR and SR, rather than how he is as a recruit.
12/21/2012 11:28 AM
Posted by shamrockmarc on 12/20/2012 11:10:00 PM (view original):
just wondering what the FSS actually does and why someone would need it.  are there details i can get about players from a state i pay FSS for that i couldn't get without paying FSS?

thanks
you could technically throw scouting reports at every player in a state hoping to find out about the right categories.... but that's much more expensive and takes more time and effort.
12/21/2012 3:54 PM
Taken right from this guide itself which I'm assuming you read through if you're upping this super old post. Note these numbers are a bit off now I think, but the overall point still remains of why you need FSS

Now just as important as ratings is potential. This is why FSS is usually a must, you can’t afford to scout every player you are interested in at D3 so you have to know who is worth it and who isn’t. When you get FSS you can see a player’s potential in every category which is very important. Low potential means to expect about 0-5 points of improvement, Avergage is about 7-14 and high is about 14-20+ points of improvement.
What that means is a player might look great at 60 Speed and 60 BH compared to a player with 50 Spd and 50 BH, but if player 1 has low potential in both areas and Player 2 has high player 2 will wind up the better player. 
12/24/2012 9:18 AM
bump
3/3/2014 6:48 AM
bump
4/18/2016 11:05 AM
bump
5/3/2016 9:30 PM
helpful note if some new coach somehow finds this thread by him self--lots of this info is no longer applicable in the new game
8/27/2016 1:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
A recruiting guide for New Coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.