Survivor IX: Americana (polabonez crowned champ) Topic

I love how I wasn't mentioned once in any of the letters (except pola's) and still got 5th.  I find that pretty funny.

Just from reading previous Survivor's, this one didn't seem very complicated at all in terms of the number and size of alliances.  Maybe that's because there were so many new players and players that got DQ'd.

I thought the vote was going to be 7-0 or 6-1.  I'm guessing awags voted for mudda, everyone else told me they were leaning towards pola.

7/22/2011 7:00 PM

Voting for muddapucka were acres1972 and dawgnuts

7/22/2011 7:04 PM
  I changed mind at the last second Onside after I sitemailed you, as to who I was voting for.
7/22/2011 7:08 PM
Great letters...!!  Thanks for sharing.  Any more of them?
7/22/2011 7:26 PM
bfk -

Thanks again for running it... I sure had a lot of fun.   I have to admit, I'm a little bit too stoked that I won considering this "survivor" game that most of us adults are playing, but the sports challenges are always fun and the inner workings make it too suspenseful not to love.

Before I hosted the last survivor and co-hosted the one with dubs before that, I played and got second with a 5-4 vote that did somewhat crush me.

Hopefully you aren't that crushed mudda - because you played one hell of a game and I definitely wouldn't have made it to the final two without you.  Actually, some of the things mudda said and I said about him being "passive" weren't exactly true - mudda was involved (and 100% behind) almost all of my plans, even when I decided to talk csudak into switching his vote to acres.

I was sure mudda would kill me in the final two (or awags if I took him) so I just wanted to make sure I put it all on the line with my speech.. We came too far to not I figured.... and if da_goat voted for me, at least I know I did something right.

atcchris found the idol at the Cumberland Gap.    He passed it to da_goat at the same time that da_goat played the fake idol.    If da_goat would have just said an idol, i would have had to accept it.    Polabonez's fake idol could have backfired if da-goat would have worded it differently.   Incidently, da_goat also guessed the correct location of the idol, but his post immediately followed atcchris's.    da_goat's post was edited, but the time changes with editing, but not the placement in the thread.
^-- This might be the greatest single thing about this thread, even better than the ousting of tubby or the playing of the fake idol.  We all were pretty confident that Chris had the idol at the Cumberland Gap since all clues pointed there.....  So We just figured the idol died with him.  The fact that my drunken randomness prevented that idol from being played is beyond hysterical.  Although I don't think it would have affected the outcome, we prepared by making sure one vote went for dawgnuts so in case goat played the idol it would be a revote between whoever he voted for and dawgnuts (awags in that case) and then we would have won the revote.

Still, very funny.

Anyways, thank god I won - so I can retire from playing this game forever.  I love the game, but sometimes it can really get to your nerves....  

I do believe that the mixture between vets and new players affects the game.  New players have no idea what they are getting themselves into and most vets have deals made before the game is even started.....

dubs had an idea a while ago, and since it looks like we are going to have a football season, I'm tempted to run another one (assuming bfk wants a break, which I'm sure is the case, mudda is going to play again, and dubs doesn't want to do it)...

dubs' idea was to have a "Best of" Survivor, inviting all of the players who made Top 5/ Top 10 / based on experience (EDIT: in past Survivors dating as far back as possible) into the game - which I think would cause a TON of backstabbing and confusion from start to finish.

Survivor X might be the perfect opportunity to do that.

Thanks again bfk, and everyone that I teamed up with, I did do everything I could to keep us around.  I wish I could keep more than 50 sitemails because some of the ones I lost were so damn funny I literally had people staring at my at work because I would be laughing out loud.

Csudak, awags, and mudda were online almost all of the time so whenever a conversation started up it was almost instant by the time you sent a message you had 3 more in your inbox.

Great game and thanks again....

7/22/2011 7:39 PM (edited)
I almost forgot:

www.up-video.com/v/34305
7/22/2011 7:40 PM
Posted by polabonez on 7/22/2011 7:39:00 PM (view original):
bfk -

Thanks again for running it... I sure had a lot of fun.   I have to admit, I'm a little bit too stoked that I won considering this "survivor" game that most of us adults are playing, but the sports challenges are always fun and the inner workings make it too suspenseful not to love.

Before I hosted the last survivor and co-hosted the one with dubs before that, I played and got second with a 5-4 vote that did somewhat crush me.

Hopefully you aren't that crushed mudda - because you played one hell of a game and I definitely wouldn't have made it to the final two without you.  Actually, some of the things mudda said and I said about him being "passive" weren't exactly true - mudda was involved (and 100% behind) almost all of my plans, even when I decided to talk csudak into switching his vote to acres.

I was sure mudda would kill me in the final two (or awags if I took him) so I just wanted to make sure I put it all on the line with my speech.. We came too far to not I figured.... and if da_goat voted for me, at least I know I did something right.

atcchris found the idol at the Cumberland Gap.    He passed it to da_goat at the same time that da_goat played the fake idol.    If da_goat would have just said an idol, i would have had to accept it.    Polabonez's fake idol could have backfired if da-goat would have worded it differently.   Incidently, da_goat also guessed the correct location of the idol, but his post immediately followed atcchris's.    da_goat's post was edited, but the time changes with editing, but not the placement in the thread.
^-- This might be the greatest single thing about this thread, even better than the ousting of tubby or the playing of the fake idol.  We all were pretty confident that Chris had the idol at the Cumberland Gap since all clues pointed there.....  So We just figured the idol died with him.  The fact that my drunken randomness prevented that idol from being played is beyond hysterical.  Although I don't think it would have affected the outcome, we prepared by making sure one vote went for dawgnuts so in case goat played the idol it would be a revote between whoever he voted for and dawgnuts (awags in that case) and then we would have won the revote.

Still, very funny.

Anyways, thank god I won - so I can retire from playing this game forever.  I love the game, but sometimes it can really get to your nerves....  

I do believe that the mixture between vets and new players affects the game.  New players have no idea what they are getting themselves into and most vets have deals made before the game is even started.....

dubs had an idea a while ago, and since it looks like we are going to have a football season, I'm tempted to run another one (assuming bfk wants a break, which I'm sure is the case, mudda is going to play again, and dubs doesn't want to do it)...

dubs' idea was to have a "Best of" Survivor, inviting all of the players who made Top 5/ Top 10 / based on experience (EDIT: in past Survivors dating as far back as possible) into the game - which I think would cause a TON of backstabbing and confusion from start to finish.

Survivor X might be the perfect opportunity to do that.

Thanks again bfk, and everyone that I teamed up with, I did do everything I could to keep us around.  I wish I could keep more than 50 sitemails because some of the ones I lost were so damn funny I literally had people staring at my at work because I would be laughing out loud.

Csudak, awags, and mudda were online almost all of the time so whenever a conversation started up it was almost instant by the time you sent a message you had 3 more in your inbox.

Great game and thanks again....

If a meager 5th place finish is enough and I get invited back, I just may have to accept, even though I said this would be the last thing I do involving WIS.  I would certainly act a lot differently...

I would also be interested in running one, but it would probably take way too much time.
7/22/2011 7:52 PM
5th place is damn good out of 32......  Getting to the final merge is a feat inside itself.  You really can't get there without getting a little taste of the inner-workings....  And that is the experience you need to have from day 1 I think.

7/22/2011 7:53 PM
Something is screwy with atcchris' post and I cannot quote it. That night we voted and I was on chopping block, I got a message from both atcchris and pola. I decided that since I got an idol from both, that I would play pola's since it looked more official (boy was I wrong) and then use atcchris' at a later date therefore being selfish and using both of them for myself. But alas, the plan by little taliwack worked to a charm and I was voted out. I woulda played atchris' idol first, if the sitemail had come just about half an hour earlier......DAMN!
7/22/2011 8:01 PM
Pretty amusing that my own actions caused me to get myself voted out CSUDEK.

I guess I should of actually played this game.  After the last survvor when I schemed left and right and instantly came up as a target from day 1, that I better lay low.  I just assumed that since I knew practicly every one in this game they would have my back.  What was I thinking?  I told Pola and Awags everything I knew and hoped that my loyalty would be enough.  Guess I was wrong.  At least won alternate universe survivor.  ha ha!
7/22/2011 9:01 PM
I have to admit....this game was alot more interesting than the previous games.  My favorite moments:

1) Obviously the idol of little taliwack

2)Pola's convincing Awags and Mudda to get their hands dirty near the end.  I was quite baffled at the time trying to figure out what the hell they were doing.

3)Americana and his team of detective in the Tubby scandal.
7/22/2011 9:04 PM
I would also like to thank bfkfraser for his moderation of the Survivor:Americana. He was a great host and I must say, the ladies thought him very handsome! Maybe I was noted fated to win as the survivor Americana should be someone who stayed in America for the whole game. Oh well, saw some great castles. To my close alliance mates of da_goat and golfpro, and the larger but also close alliance of atcchris and csudak - we gave a good run - but couldn't compete with the experience of polabonez, muddapucka and awags. I look forward to the next version.
7/22/2011 9:21 PM
Congrats to polabonez (or is it poiabonez) on the Survivor title. A big thanks to bfkfraser for hosting this Survivor edition. It was fun competing against all of you. I just wish dawgnuts would have voted with da_goat and our alliance.....things sure woulda been different! See you guys later......keep on the jackwagons at WIS to fix GD and sitemail when it is better.
7/23/2011 12:13 AM
Posted by polabonez on 7/22/2011 7:53:00 PM (view original):
5th place is damn good out of 32......  Getting to the final merge is a feat inside itself.  You really can't get there without getting a little taste of the inner-workings....  And that is the experience you need to have from day 1 I think.

Exactly.  As much fun as it was just to ride your coattails through most of the game, I always wished I knew a little more of what was going on.  Perhaps if I wasn't away for two weeks, things would have been different.

7/23/2011 12:51 AM
Americana OWNED!

Top notch game BFK!

Way to go BONEZ!
7/23/2011 1:03 AM
◂ Prev 1...54|55|56|57 Next ▸
Survivor IX: Americana (polabonez crowned champ) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.