Bonds Topic

I know everyone loves to hate him and most of you will say he's not doing it for the right reasons but he's doing it.    He deserves some props.   Give it to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home run king Barry Bonds has offered to pay for Bryan Stow's two children to attend college, according to an attorney representing Stow's relatives in a lawsuit against the Los Angeles Dodgers. 

The attorney, Thomas Girardi, told San Francisco television station KNTV on Tuesday that Bonds has donated money for the children's education. The kids, a boy and a girl, currently attend grade school.

Bonds visited Stow, the San Francisco Giants fan beaten into a coma at Dodger Stadium on opening day, at a Southern California hospital in April. A source close to Stow told KNTV that Bonds left a signed bat for the children, but made no mention of a college fund.
Stow, who is divorced, was caring for the children at the time of the attack.

5/25/2011 2:13 PM
Props given.

With the exception of this, he's still a lying cheating **** of a former ball player.

Long live Henry Aaron, the real home run king.

5/25/2011 2:24 PM
Horseshit.   This man invented the home run.

5/25/2011 2:31 PM
But let's not get off-topic.   This is about Bonds doing something right. 

5/25/2011 2:32 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/25/2011 2:31:00 PM (view original):

The only performance enhancers he used were hot dogs and beer.
5/25/2011 3:10 PM
GIVE BONDS HIS PROPS, YOU DIRTY BASTARDS!!!!
5/26/2011 9:24 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/25/2011 2:14:00 PM (view original):
I know everyone loves to hate him and most of you will say he's not doing it for the right reasons but he's doing it.    He deserves some props.   Give it to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home run king Barry Bonds has offered to pay for Bryan Stow's two children to attend college, according to an attorney representing Stow's relatives in a lawsuit against the Los Angeles Dodgers. 

The attorney, Thomas Girardi, told San Francisco television station KNTV on Tuesday that Bonds has donated money for the children's education. The kids, a boy and a girl, currently attend grade school.

Bonds visited Stow, the San Francisco Giants fan beaten into a coma at Dodger Stadium on opening day, at a Southern California hospital in April. A source close to Stow told KNTV that Bonds left a signed bat for the children, but made no mention of a college fund.
Stow, who is divorced, was caring for the children at the time of the attack.

Can't stand him....he's a pile-o-**** person, that said, i don't give a rats *** about all the roid mess.  Half the MLB were on them.   Big eff'n whoop.

He also deserves props for this as well.
5/26/2011 9:42 AM
Over the past 20 years, Barry Bonds has been met with large amounts of both praise and criticism for nearly every move he has made.

Well, here's a move that both sides should finally be able to agree on: Bonds has pledged to pay any future college bills for the two grade-school age children of Bryan Stow, the single father and San Francisco Giants fan who was beaten into a coma by two men after attending the opening night game at Dodger Stadium on March 31.

That little heartwarming nugget was revealed by Stow's attorney Thomas Girardi — and first reported by NBC Bay Area — as he announced a lawsuit against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday for allegedly providing inadequate security at the stadium that night.

Girardi said that donations already made by generous fans of the Giants, Dodgers and other teams will be passed onto other charities if their lawsuit is successful. But the hefty gift from Bonds? Well, that means so much to Stow's family that it's the one they definitely plan on keeping.

One of the coolest parts about this donation is that Bonds made it over a month ago when he visited Stow in a Southern California hospital on April 22. No mention was made to the media then and it looks like it would have still been a secret had Girardi not revealed it to the media. Even if you've always been a Bonds hater, there's no way you can say this wasn't done for all the right reasons.

Well played, sir.

Little bit longer article.....classy move by a **********.

5/26/2011 9:55 AM
Posted by jiml60 on 5/25/2011 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/25/2011 2:31:00 PM (view original):

The only performance enhancers he used were hot dogs and beer.
and lots of *****
5/26/2011 10:29 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/25/2011 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Props given.

With the exception of this, he's still a lying cheating **** of a former ball player.

Long live Henry Aaron, the real home run king.

I agree with this.However, staying on subject, it was a nice thing that Bonds did!
5/26/2011 11:41 AM

Bonds Signs After Getting Break

The Press Box.

August 21, 1994

Just like thousands of other out-of-work Americans, Barry Bonds went to court to lighten the load of his child-support payments.

Bonds, having to make do without his $4.75 million salary during the baseball strike, obtained a court order cutting his $15,000-per-month child- and spousal-support payments in half.

After making the decision, San Mateo County Domestic Relations Commissioner George Taylor asked for Bonds' autograph.

"To have the courts look upon him as a superhero made her feel like she was not playing on a level playing field," said Lawrence Stotter, the lawyer for Bonds' wife, Sun.

Sun Bonds was getting the higher payment as part of a temporary arrangement in a divorce proceeding that began in May. Although the payment was reduced to $7,500 per month, she continues to have access to a credit-card account, according to court records and lawyers for both sides.

Fourteen more games were canceled Saturday, raising the total to 117. Management negotiator Richard Ravitch and union leader Donald Fehr took the day off, and talks aren't scheduled to resume until Tuesday or Wednesday.

(Chicago Tribune)

5/26/2011 1:12 PM
Jeez.  That's from 1994.  
5/26/2011 2:31 PM
My 6 year old son & I attended a Giant game vrs Houston in the Astrodome back in 1989. After the game, my son & I waited outside the Giants dressing room for autographs. Bonds exited the dressing room, walked past the crowd gathered & walked down the concourse away from the crowd. My son was the only one who tagged along asking Mr Bonds politely for his autograph. Bonds never broke stride, never looked down & pretended he wasn't there. My son returned in tears over being rebuffed by Mr Bonds. As a father, there are some things you never forget & dissing your kid is one of them. Since then, I've never been a fan of Bonds, was glad he received justice in court. However, it is encouraging to see this guy has some empathy for others.
5/26/2011 4:10 PM
You might've been wrongfully holding a grudge against the wrong guy. Bonds played with the Pirates from 1986-92, maybe Charlie Hayes or Kevin Mitchell (both were on the 89 Giants) didn't turn around because they only answer to their own names.
5/27/2011 8:05 AM
HA!  Good one.
5/27/2011 9:39 AM
123 Next ▸
Bonds Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.