Realistic Number of Injuries but with Better Recov Topic

Arlen doesn't appear to want answers Mike.  He appears to want all of this players to hit their projections, to continue to develop, to recover lost skills after long absences, etc.  I have yet to see the suggestion that players all of a sudden develop the Steve Sax and Chuck Knoblauch throwing issues or the Steve Howe, Darryl Strawberry, and Doc Gooden drug derailments or the Chad "I can't throw the ball back to the pitcher" Krueter catcher issues.  All of the suggestions appear to just want all of his players to be better.
6/8/2011 11:18 AM
I know.  The only reason I bother replying is because he assumes he's being reasonable and/or is right if no one offers a dissenting opinion.   He fails to recognize that his "upgrades" will affect everyone so, despite his overall team average jumping for 72 to 94, the game will still play the same way as every other team will experience the same adjustment.
6/8/2011 11:58 AM
Posted by deathinahole on 5/30/2011 7:57:00 AM (view original):
No response!

Tacit approval to increase injuries 5 fold for more realism!
Damag reminded me.

Arlen approved! Why hasn't it happened!?!?!?
9/18/2013 5:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/30/2011 11:14:00 AM (view original):

Real life prospects get hurt all the time and never make it.  We just don't know about them because no one really follows the MLB draft.    In all honesty, the three most talked about amateur players in recent history, IMO, were Strasburg, Harper and Mauer.    Two of them are out with injury and may never be the same.

And Harper got hurt.
9/19/2013 9:06 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/7/2011 6:36:00 PM (view original):
Here's a test case for you to check in about a month.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Matty Paniagua

By my estimation, he should have topped out near 80.  Lost for almost 100 days and coming off the DL before the season ends.
He recovered just fine. 
9/19/2013 9:27 AM
I suggest people go back and read the top post.
10/1/2013 7:06 AM
I did. You want injuries like ML baseball, and still, it's 5 times less than real life.

I'm ****** too.
10/1/2013 8:42 AM
I would welcome this with open arms.  And 95% of everyone else would freak out.
10/1/2013 9:11 AM
In the beginning, injuries were probably double the current rate.   And almost everyone did freak it.   The most common thread in the early days of HBD:  "If they don't do something about all these injuries, I'm quitting HBD."

10/1/2013 9:28 AM
◂ Prev 12
Realistic Number of Injuries but with Better Recov Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.