A new classic in customer support. Topic

So I guess/see that this was/is an open league...I still think WIS' resolution is fair...what do you want a free team because 1 guy took advantage of a glitch...you still played the entire season, no?

6/2/2011 11:41 PM
Also, doesn't the fact that he used WW kind of make up for his steal of Wilson Chandler?  You're ******** about a guy that didn't even play 1600 mins...I get the argument, but there's a certain degree of sour grapes as well.
6/2/2011 11:45 PM
Who cares about regular season stuff?  Ash and I are past that.  It is all about the advantage he has in the playoffs.  It is that this guy used a player to give him 1600 extra minutes over 50+ games to secure the first round bye with a team that shouldn't have made it out of the first round.  He gets to play with a 5 Mil player while I have to use rookies to cover additional minutes (and it isn't like it was in the old days...now you HAVE to use the rooks to be competitive).

Where are the sour grapes?  I was 2-1 against him.  It is an obvious case of cheating and now my 42 Mil cap team has to play against a 47 Mil Cap team.  Give me an extra 5 Mil over everyone else and I will put up 70 win seasons left and right.  1600 Minutes is a BIG deal.  That is over 8% of the total available minutes of his team, but he did it in 50 some games.

This is like going to a race with a straight six and being told everyone else is going to have a straight six that is naturally aspirated and when you get to the race you find out that one guy made a switch and now has a turbo charged 454.

To answer the question..no I don't care about the 5 bucks or a free team I have 22 teams that show up in my locker right now...what I want is his team out of the playoffs and replaced with another team from his conference that did not cheat, or for WIS replace the player with a random 239K player.
6/3/2011 12:02 AM
All I wanted was to be put back on as fair of grounds as possible... the player removed and him picking another player that WOULD fit on his salary cap.

Instead, I'm playing against someone in the playoffs who has a salary $5M more than I do, who not only has HCA but also had a first round bye, giving him a tremendous fatigue edge over me (I just played a 7-game series against another really good team).  When I make it past this cheating ****, I have absolutely no shot against Malone because of the fatigue edge.

Trevor, you're terrible at wisnba and always have been.  1600 minutes is very significant with the salary restraints.  Like Malone just said... give me $47M and the rest of the league $42M and I"ll win 70 games in the regular season.

**** that, I usually get close to that anyway.  I'd win all ******* 82.
6/3/2011 2:39 AM
6/3/2011 2:56 AM ashamael
You're unbelievable. Although after being a customer here for more than three years, you'd think I'd start to believe the crap you guys do.
6/3/2011 2:57 AM ashamael
ps don't bother responding - you'll just look like even bigger wastes of time than you already are.
6/3/2011 2:57 AM
ticket closed.

Two more seasons of the all-time Regressive and a few more on UPL, then my credits will be used up and I'll be as out of here as Trevor.
6/3/2011 2:59 AM
The main thing I would want to know is why what happened, happened.  I mean, did he scoop the guy off the WW really early in the season for Gugliotta or whoever and there was some kind of salary glitch on the WW because of his split-seasonedness, or wtf happened?

I'm certainly not in favor of "the company" making changes to a roster at any point in the season...the fact of the matter is, if I saw Wilson Chandler for $239K, I would have picked him up and not said anything too....that's not cheating, it's gamesmanship, it's taking advantage of a "glitch" that was/is/had to have been available to EVERYONE at one time or another....as I said I exploited a money glitch in CRD, I picked up Joe Webb in 2 of my FFB leagues, and in a previous FFB season, I was sad that I missed out on glitch player George Wilson who was oddly listed at S-WR.

You can't blame dulcolax for what he did, he was just playing the game....you can certainly blame the company, seems like a typical WIS error, but I think that A. Their compensation is more than fair (half off the next team for EVERYONE in the league) and B. I'd be a lot more concerned about getting the perceived problem fixed so that it doesn't happen in the future, rather than kvetch about my one team in my one season that's going to lose to malone because of fatigue.  Perhaps the **** part is, you caught it too late...and so I ask you this...if dulcolax never mentioned it, would you have noticed Wilson Glitcher on his team?  Honestly, would you have?

In one sense, what he did wasn't in the spirit of the game, but in another, it's the greatest coup you could pull in the game.  Taking advantage of something available to everyone is not cheating.  If both/either of you want a free team, I'd be more than happy to get my freebies transferred to y'all.

Lastly, I always love how my game prowess comes up here, especially when it has no relevance to anything.  I've always played with a bit of self-imposed rules, thus that's why my record is what it is.  Adieu.
6/3/2011 9:27 AM
Posted by ashamael on 6/3/2011 2:57:00 AM (view original):
You're unbelievable. Although after being a customer here for more than three years, you'd think I'd start to believe the crap you guys do.
ps don't bother responding - you'll just look like even bigger wastes of time than you already are.
Dude, honestly, what kind of compensation, beyond getting the player removed which isn't happening, is fair/appropriate to you in this instance?
6/3/2011 9:30 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 6/3/2011 9:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 6/3/2011 2:57:00 AM (view original):
Dude, honestly, what kind of compensation, beyond getting the player removed which isn't happening, is fair/appropriate to you in this instance?
Everyone should get $10, colonels.  WIS are just being pricks.  They admit it was an error, but instead of providing good service and giving a free team, they get cheap.
If this guy wins a title, they just gave $20 to an erroneous team.

Look at your own words, C.  You claim the league founder should have caught this.  Well WIS is the league founder/owner/developer, etc...Since they screwed up everyone else's season, they have to own up.  

They won't remove the player from the team?  Why not?

6/3/2011 11:59 AM

on a totally unrelated note - any idea what you get for being a league founder? if you're a veteran $6 in credit - not even a full team - cheap prix that they are

6/3/2011 12:20 PM
I have been getting 9.95 as a founder
6/3/2011 12:25 PM
you dont suppose they've figured out who I am do you?
6/3/2011 1:15 PM
Don't give them that much credit felon.
6/3/2011 1:22 PM
Posted by felonius on 6/3/2011 1:15:00 PM (view original):
you dont suppose they've figured out who I am do you?
10-11 Wilson Chandler?
6/3/2011 1:24 PM
Just thought I'd offer my unsolicited two cents...

The glitch player should have been removed, and a full $9.95 credit should have been given to each owner in the league. 

If dujovic's team had in fact completed a round of the playoffs, I would agree with WIS that the player should remain because the results of the playoffs would have already been altered.  However, this was not the case because dujovic's team had a first round bye and had not played a single playoff game at the time Ashamael sent his support ticket. 

As for giving everyone a full $9.95 credit, it is simply the appropriate business decision.  Regardless of how the playoffs turn out, the season was unfairly altered due to this glitch player.  It can be debated how much responsibility dujovic bears for taking advantage of this glitch, but what can't be debated is that the error came from WIS.  When a business is responsible for an error that affects its customers, even if it was an unintentional error, it behooves the company to go above and beyond to try and make things right.  While the $5 credit is a nice gesture, a $9.95 credit would have been best.  This shows your customer that he/she is important to you, and that if a mistake is made you will do your best to make things right (not half right).  It doesn't make sense to nickel and dime your customers when you're talking about a grand total of $238.80.  That's certainly not an amount that will bring this company to its knees.  In the end, you will lose much more than that by having a bunch of unhappy customers.

And, for the record, I am not in the league in question and have no personal stake in this situation.
6/3/2011 4:51 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
A new classic in customer support. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.