Unusual Recruiting Occurrence Topic

Here is my recruiting history on a player:

6/13/2011 rejected phone call N/A  
6/13/2011 declined scholarship offer $100  
6/13/2011 rejected home visits - (6) N/A  
6/12/2011 declined scholarship offer $100  
6/11/2011 Added to Watch List N/A  
  Total $200

Weird part is he shows up in my D3 search.  Shouldn't even be a pulldown/dropdown.  Theoretically.
6/13/2011 9:31 PM
dahs, I've had this happen before.

Crazy part- these guys are not even pull down able     
6/13/2011 9:34 PM
Yeah I've heard of this happening, too.    
6/13/2011 10:02 PM
Should I submit a ticket?  I should get the money back from the scholarship offers...
6/13/2011 10:18 PM
You should absolutely submit a ticket -- make sure to stress that he's on your D3 search list. You should get the money back, but much more importantly, you need to alert them so that they can fix the problem.
6/14/2011 7:01 AM
There was a guy like this in Tark on my D2 search he went Juco and didnt improve a point. weird.
6/14/2011 9:50 AM
Was he already considering another school before you started recruiting him?
6/14/2011 2:26 PM
Yes.  A D2 sim.  But given that he still shows up on the D3 list it shouldn't work that way...
6/14/2011 2:34 PM
Sent a ticket.  Instead of responding to the issue they gave me the following explanation of how to recruit.  As if I hadn't already brought the team up to an A+ prestige in 4 seasons...

Thanks for the note. The 1 rule for recruiting at D3 and for recruiting with lower prestige schools is PATIENCE, we can not stress that enough. Once you have a good recruiting watch list, figure out who you want more than others knowing that you won’t get everyone you want and that many of your best players on the list will go to a better school than yours. At the very first recruiting cycle you send all of your D3 players a phone call and that is it. What happens when you send a phone call is 1 of 4 things. He will either reject your call which will wind up costing you no money. You’ll know this happened because you won’t get a response from him and he will cost you nothing This means he is not interested, don’t spend another cent on him. Second he could give you a mean response, something like oh if this is the coach from Juniata don’t bother leaving a message. This means he has no interest and you should remove him from your list and move on. Third he could say Juniata sounds pretty good tell me more or something positive like that, this means he is interested and will respond to your effort. The 4th thing you may get is a backup message, something like you are a fallback option for me stay in touch. This means he still thinks he can go to a better school but if he doesn’t get an offer than he will consider you. This is where pulldowns and dropdowns come in. When you get that message leave him on your list and just wait. If you see him consider another school then get rid of him. If he doesn’t get the attention he will eventually send you an email saying he loves you now and wants to know more. That is when you can recruit. An average effort on a player who you wind up not battling for will look something like this- keep in mind this is just a sample and can vary by coach or player, this is not a secret formula for landing a player a. First cycle phone call with backup message b. Eventually you hear back that he is now interested c. Send him a campus visit and scholarship offer d. He either comes back considering you or he needs more effort e. Repeat until you are on his list f. Once you are on his list and nobody else is you don’t have to do anything else, the only way you can fall from a player’s list is if another school outspends you so much that you get knocked off. There is no reason to keep sinking money into a player that is going to sign with you. Battles of course are a different story So again to conclude, find guys with good cores and good potential, call them and hope for a backup message, and then wait.
6/14/2011 4:08 PM
Wow that is very informative. I never knew any of those things before. It's a good thing WIS is so good and helpful, otherwise we wouldn't have any idea how to recruit. Wow. You learn something new every day.
6/14/2011 4:56 PM
Lol, way too much to read but I'm sure it was just a form note they send to new coaches and they assume all D3 coaches are new.
6/14/2011 5:02 PM
If they're sending a form note telling new coaches they need to call their D3 recruits first they're putting them all behind the curve on potential cheap recruits...
6/14/2011 5:10 PM
Its a glitch that they wont fix for some reason.  id be ****** personally.  All players on your screen should be recruitable.  Another reason why i have thought of quiting hd altogether.
6/14/2011 5:36 PM
I hope you responded to the ticket asking to escalate the issue...
6/14/2011 6:26 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/14/2011 6:26:00 PM (view original):
I hope you responded to the ticket asking to escalate the issue...
This ... and specifically pointing out one thing: That this recruit was on your D3 list and would not take your call.
6/14/2011 7:10 PM
123 Next ▸
Unusual Recruiting Occurrence Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.