Greatest defensive player ever! Topic

How does Bill Russell the greatest defensive player to ever play in the NBA get such low defensive ratings? This is a total JOKE! How do you justify such a huge mistake? Horribly wrong! Olajuwon was the best defensive big man of my time and Robinson & Ewing were also great but no one should be rated higher than Russell-nuff said!

While Im on a rant how does an excellent man on man and team defender like Laimbeer who played on one of the greatest defensive teams of all time get such low ratings also? Do you seriously think blocked shots and steals are the only thing that makes a player a great defensive player? Laimbeer was one of the better defensive centers of his time and he gets slighted like this? What a joke! Laimbeer's defense was a big reason the Pistons were able to win 2 championships in a row!
7/21/2011 10:49 PM
Magic's bad hamstring being the other?
7/22/2011 8:34 AM
Felonius knocks that pitch into the upper deck!!!
7/22/2011 11:09 AM
This is "1" of the reasons i'm not creating teams..."1" of the reasons.......
7/22/2011 5:38 PM

I'm not just talkin about the championship's. Laimbeer was an excellent defender throughout his career so all you Laimbeer haters can continue to down talk him but you are uneducated fans who don't want to give an overachieving player who worked as hard as any player at his game and had a great career along with 2 championship's to prove it!   

7/22/2011 6:12 PM
Did I just see Russell and Laimbeer in the same topic?
7/22/2011 8:22 PM
Yeah, Greatest defensive-Russell, Excellent defensive-Laimbeer! I'm commenting on some of the unrealistic defensive ratings in the sim. I could point out many more flaws if necessary!
7/22/2011 11:09 PM
who are these haters exactly? I see a whole field full of straw men!
7/23/2011 9:32 AM
Laimbeer was good. But he was no Bill Russel. 
8/2/2011 11:28 AM
they were both hacks not that they werent good defenders but there were many others to play just as good d and fouled way less
8/16/2011 5:06 PM
Posted by chuckdiesel3 on 8/16/2011 5:06:00 PM (view original):
they were both hacks not that they werent good defenders but there were many others to play just as good d and fouled way less
Pertaining to Russell, is it even possible to "foul way less" than 2.7 pf in 42 mins?

Laimbeer fouled a lot, but that was partly due to his era.  Fouls were pretty high in the 80's.  It was part of his game that if you came at him, you were going to have to deal with contact, and dirty or not, it got in people's heads. 

8/16/2011 6:12 PM
I'd rather have Will Perdue than either of them.
8/19/2011 11:03 AM
fav'ed
8/19/2011 1:04 PM
oh and James Worthy was an all-time defensive stopper... lmfao
8/19/2011 4:21 PM
Greatest defensive player ever! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.