Just sent this to CS Topic

I have been following it for seasons also....I thought there was a collegiate insider that would show past seasons seedings, but I can't seem to find it...perhaps I am mnistaken on past seedings being available.
4/28/2013 10:44 AM
anyway, it's just my thoughts on this.

I have played for many seasons.  I use to be on the forums a lot.  Things got so bad on the forums that I quit participating.  I just thought I would type what I have been thinking for the past couple years.  Don't really mean to do anything except get WIS to take a look at things....(like that's gonna happen!)
4/28/2013 10:46 AM
I just took a look at the first two teams in ACC currently.  What I found:

Miami

season 62   entered NT @ 15-13
             61                PI        12-15
             53                NT       14-13
             52                PI         13-14
             47                PI         14-13
             37                PI          14-14
             35                PI          15-13
             19                PI          12-15

North Carolina

40                PI          13-14
             21                PI          11-17

Again, I am not picking on these coaches.  It is the selection system thqat is flawed.  I could list all of the ACC teams, but anyone interested can do their own looking.
4/28/2013 11:20 AM
Posted by jacqui214 on 4/28/2013 10:37:00 AM (view original):
You are mistaken...I have seen it numerous times with the ACC teams....I have been tracking it for seasons
No you are mistaken, you can ONLY make the NT with a under .500 record if you win the CT

you can make the PI an under .500 record though.
4/28/2013 11:28 AM
Posted by smackawits on 4/28/2013 11:20:00 AM (view original):
I just took a look at the first two teams in ACC currently.  What I found:

Miami

season 62   entered NT @ 15-13
             61                PI        12-15
             53                NT       14-13
             52                PI         13-14
             47                PI         14-13
             37                PI          14-14
             35                PI          15-13
             19                PI          12-15

North Carolina

40                PI          13-14
             21                PI          11-17

Again, I am not picking on these coaches.  It is the selection system thqat is flawed.  I could list all of the ACC teams, but anyone interested can do their own looking.
Im really confused at what you are pointing out here?

Is it more of the under .500 to the post season?

It is no secret as i said the psot above. ONly way under .500 you are going to the nT is a CT Champ.

But everyone knows you can make the PI with under .500.

4/28/2013 11:29 AM
You have to be above .500 to make the NT, unless you win your CT. There are no sub-.500 teams gobbling up precious NT spaces.
4/28/2013 11:41 AM
Again, my point is the ACC rakes in recruiting dollars that they earn by going into the NT (OK, with a NEAR) .500 record and to the PI with an under.500 record.  If the criteria  for making the post season was tweaked, than other teams in Allen would have more recruiting dollars to try and compete with the evil empire.

I don't care if EVERONE knows you can make the PI with under .500 record, I just don't believe that it should happen....it doesn't in real life.  That's my point.  Sorry I wasn't clear enough for you.
4/28/2013 11:46 AM
OK...I'm stopping right here...this is why I stopped participating before.....if you really think a 14-13 team should get an at-large bid to the NT, then I'm just spinning my wheels.  I don't care what league you are in....that would NOT happen in real life and it should not happen in WIS.
4/28/2013 11:48 AM
smack, I think you're thinking too much like real life. In real life, I don't think a 14-13 team would get a bit. But HD is very different than real life as far as how the talent is dispersed, and the ACC-Allen is an outlier even within the HD system. There are no 14-13 real life teams that are anywhere near as good as the best ones in HD from elite conferences. The fact is that 14-16 win teams from the ACC-Allen are definitely among the top 25 teams nationally, and deserve to be in the NT. One of those teams could win just about any other conference.
4/28/2013 12:45 PM (edited)
Posted by gillispie on 4/28/2013 1:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 4/28/2013 12:48:00 AM (view original):
Interesting thread from about 20 months ago...a lot of the major stuff begins on page 10, and that's when I get quite vocal as well...from August 2011.  Just want to note how rocky my relationship was with billyg and I never attempted to out him to WIS...

8/13/2011 12:09 AM
colonels19

I just can't stand people that lie about cheating...you don't view other states that you FSSed on your other usernames...poppycock...I don't care that billyg or anyone does it, but don't try to act like some holier than thou, champion of ethics in HD, because it just makes you even more ridiculous.  If you have mulitple teams in a world and you're not "sharing" FSS info between the usernames, you're just dumb, period.

oh come on, it wasnt that rocky! i mean yeah, we argued a lot, but i was just trying to beat some sense into you, lol. at least i usually gave you the courtesy of actually considering your opinion and *trying* to debate it with you, instead of just calling you an idiot from the get-go. now, im not saying i didnt call you an idiot later ;) but at least i tried to have a real discussion first!! hehe, anyway, its been fun. glad you are somewhat less crazy, but still somewhat crazy, it keeps things interesting. i still cant figure out why you think dshook is the one in the wrong, in that situation!
I just don't think dshook30 fought AT ALL to keep his recruits that were getting poached, but that his plan all along was to send a ticket to WIS and get whoever he wanted in the aftermath.  If I thought/saw that he fought/put money into the guys after the other (2) id(s) hopped on his "considerings", I'd give him a break, but his complaint just doesn't seem completely genuine/kosher to me...and that's my beef with it...his "run to daddy" tactics.
4/28/2013 1:05 PM
Btw, indians and girt...+1
4/28/2013 1:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19
Just sent this to CS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.