Just sent this to CS Topic

Posted by jbasnight on 8/11/2011 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by girt25 on 8/11/2011 4:27:00 PM (view original):
gillispie, I wonder if you've been around long enough to remember that jeffprobst got caught cheating red-handed earlier in his Tark career.
Didn't he and a conference mate conspire--on their coaches' corner--to throw a CT game so they'd both make the NT? Can't remember if the other coach was swiners, or someone else.
yes - it was he and swiners if i recall correctly.
8/11/2011 5:31 PM
Posted by haasdr on 8/11/2011 5:31:00 PM (view original):
gillispie, I wonder if you've been around long enough to remember that jeffprobst got caught cheating red-handed earlier in his Tark career.
Didn't he and a conference mate conspire--on their coaches' corner--to throw a CT game so they'd both make the NT? Can't remember if the other coach was swiners, or someone else.
Oh, the irony, if true. Also explains why Swiners defends jeff so much.
8/11/2011 6:02 PM
i know i am not the first coach to drag his name through the mud, and i remember the last time i heard it, the coach said hmm, this is not the first time ive heard off JP being involved in some shady ****. i guess you can just toss a blatant attempt at severe collusion on the growing list?
8/11/2011 6:37 PM
Posted by kmasonbx on 8/11/2011 6:02:00 PM (view original):
Oh, the irony, if true. Also explains why Swiners defends jeff so much.
ahhhahaha that is rich.

swiners got so ****** off at me for calling out his buddy, he started sitemailing me. i told him about what JP did and he said well, even if he did sitemail you, he was probably just fishing for information, not trying to collude. i guess i think that is a pretty fine line in the sand, degrees of cheating. must just be the way these guys think? i guess it goes back to what i said - its clear the reason these guys are so hell bent on the idea everyone will maximally abuse a very reasonable situation (like a d3/d1 team in the same world) is because that is how they think - they are always looking at this stuff through a lense, the lense of people who try to twist these situations to their advantage, which skews their opinions. its reasonable that it works like that, though. i know i am naive, i assume for the most part nobody else is cheating, but i look at things through the lense of a guy who is an intense lover of strategy games. i just assume the rest of you are, which i am sure is not the case to the extent i believe (not that people who don't intensely love the strategy game aspect of HD are going to cheat, its just a huge deterrent IMO). you'd think after getting nearly 20 sitemails from people asking me to collude, i'd realize a lot of people don't play above board. or maybe i just prefer to refuse to believe what i know, kind of like the parents of a kid who is obviously on drugs, refusing to believe what is squarely in front of their face.
8/11/2011 6:45 PM (edited)
Funny, cs has never had a problem with anything I have ever done, kinda like you gill and kmason-multiple team cheaters looking for an advantage.
8/12/2011 7:55 AM
Posted by swiners on 8/12/2011 7:55:00 AM (view original):
Funny, cs has never had a problem with anything I have ever done, kinda like you gill and kmason-multiple team cheaters looking for an advantage.
I have multi-teams in Tark (Also a D2 Hawaiian school under LL316).  Care to explain how it is I cheat?
8/12/2011 8:01 AM
Swiners - I'm just curious if the above statement is true.
8/12/2011 8:35 AM
I, unlike others, am man enough to admit that I made a rookie mistake when I first stated in D3. It was stupid, selfish and I thought it would help the conference get another team in...like I said-stupid and careless. I took a rep hit and learned my lesson. Since then I have played with the utmost integrity and have not done anything shady at all. Ok, there I admitted it, now everyone rejoice and say what you will.
8/12/2011 9:17 AM
I have nothing to say about it.  I appreciate you being honest.  I was curious if it happened.  I applaud you for admiting your mistake.
8/12/2011 9:33 AM
Posted by swiners on 8/12/2011 7:55:00 AM (view original):
Exactly the reason why I have multiple teams and the reason why everybody who has multiple teams does it, because we are trying to cheat in a make believe game, damn you are a smart one, how'd you figure that out? It can't just be because I like Tark and originally I made a 2nd ID to be in a specific D2 conference but then I realized how much I liked D1 and decided I wanted to move up to D1 with that ID and wanted to take on the challenge of making a mid major competitive since so many say it's extremely hard to do now, nope can't be that, it's because I'm a cheater looking for an advantage by having teams that are 1,000 miles apart.  

And BTW that's not a rookie mistake it's common sense to know throwing a game is cheating, you shouldn't need somebody tell you it is. A rookie mistake is not offering a scholarship to a recruit that you really want, not doing something that's obviously cheating in every sport and in every game. Maybe you and Jeff are just sneakier about the way you cheat now? 
8/12/2011 9:43 AM
Thanks for understanding kmason, you are a real stand up guy (sarcasm). You are not a cheater and I have no problem with you having as many teams as you like, good luck.
8/12/2011 9:53 AM (edited)
Thanks sully.
8/12/2011 9:50 AM
kmason, how many teams are ok? Is it ok if I have 6 or 8 in D1 and how far do they need to be apart? Just curious what the cutoff number is for teams in the same division in the same world?
8/12/2011 10:03 AM
Posted by swiners on 8/12/2011 10:03:00 AM (view original):
kmason, how many teams are ok? Is it ok if I have 6 or 8 in D1 and how far do they need to be apart? Just curious what the cutoff number is for teams in the same division in the same world?
You understand that "could" isn't synonymous with "do," "does," or "are," right?  Just because someone could cheat, doesn't mean that they are cheating.  Everyone acknowledges that multiple teams could (very easily) facilitate cheating.  But if you don't ever recruit from a state that your other team has FSSed, how could you possibly cheat?  In fact, as km said earlier, in the interest of avoiding the appearance of impropriety, it probably costs me a recruit from time to time.
8/12/2011 10:30 AM
Posted by ike1024 on 8/12/2011 10:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swiners on 8/12/2011 10:03:00 AM (view original):
You understand that "could" isn't synonymous with "do," "does," or "are," right?  Just because someone could cheat, doesn't mean that they are cheating.  Everyone acknowledges that multiple teams could (very easily) facilitate cheating.  But if you don't ever recruit from a state that your other team has FSSed, how could you possibly cheat?  In fact, as km said earlier, in the interest of avoiding the appearance of impropriety, it probably costs me a recruit from time to time.
Just because you own a gun does not mean you shoot people.  Just because you have a chubby does mean you rape people.  Just because you own multiple teams does not mean you share scouting info between them.
8/12/2011 10:31 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...19 Next ▸
Just sent this to CS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.