Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

I'm not expecting much from the Broncos as a team this season, but Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil will be one of the best pass rushing duos in the league.  I guarantee at least 20 sacks combined.
8/31/2011 10:12 AM
8-8 TOPS
8/31/2011 10:22 AM
Agreed, but I'm optimistic about their defense under Fox.  And Miller looks like a stud.
8/31/2011 12:12 PM
I know it's early but would you say you'll fellate Miller more or less than muddy fellates Cutler?
8/31/2011 1:18 PM
LESS THUS FAR
8/31/2011 1:22 PM
I'd say slightly less...though Miller will be more deserving.

Both are known for their sacks, but Miller's variety are much more impressive (and not because he's black).
8/31/2011 4:54 PM

Disappointing loss to start the season. Neither team deserved to win this game with all the penalties and missed opportunities. Fitting though that the Raiders won by a FG after Janikowski's NFL-record tyer before the half.

Lots of reasons for optimism, especially on the defense, but they looked horrible in other areas.  Fox definitely has them competitive though, so we'll see.  I'll still stick with a 6-10 finish for now.

I know it's only one game, but Miller and Decker look great.

9/13/2011 2:14 AM
Bitchslapped.
9/13/2011 7:01 AM
T-Bow T-Bow
9/13/2011 7:15 AM

In all honesty, Denver should play Tebow.    They're going nowhere this season.   They used a first-rounder on him.   If he can't play, they need to know.  If he can play and they don't like his style, he has trade value.   WTF are they gonna do with Orton at the helm?

9/13/2011 7:59 AM
I feel the same way about Pryor.   If the Raiders are 4-7, put him out there and see if he's a QB.   If he's not, turn him into whatever they expect him to be.
9/13/2011 8:01 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/13/2011 7:59:00 AM (view original):

In all honesty, Denver should play Tebow.    They're going nowhere this season.   They used a first-rounder on him.   If he can't play, they need to know.  If he can play and they don't like his style, he has trade value.   WTF are they gonna do with Orton at the helm?

Players should have to earn playing time in this league.  By all accounts, Tebow had a wide open chance to steal the job and bombed in the pre-season, while Orton was brilliant.  You don't then give the crappy guy the starting job just because he's a first rounder.  You make him earn it.

That being said, I would have put Tebow in last night, at least for a few plays.  The Raiders were putting constant pressure on Orton.  They are a big defensive line and they were man-handling the Bronco O'line.  Tebow probably could have run for 100 yards last night. Orton had a couple decent runs, but his legs aren't good enough for him to exploit some of the seams the Raiders were leaving open for him. 

So in other words: I disagree Tebow should be their starter, but he should definitely be used situationally, especially against teams that are blitzing a lot and bringing a lot of pressure in the pocket.
9/13/2011 11:01 AM
Players don't earn playing time.   Are you sure Cam Newton and Andy Dalton earned their starting roles?  I forget who said it but all players shouldn't be treated equally but they must be treated fairly.  First rounders get different treatment. 

Again, Denver is going nowhere.  They have a first round pick sitting on the bench creating a controversy.   Put him in, find out if he can play and make a decision on his future.  If it's not in Denver, move him.   There are teams that could use him or, at the very least, would like to try.
9/13/2011 11:10 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/13/2011 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Players don't earn playing time.   Are you sure Cam Newton and Andy Dalton earned their starting roles?  I forget who said it but all players shouldn't be treated equally but they must be treated fairly.  First rounders get different treatment. 

Again, Denver is going nowhere.  They have a first round pick sitting on the bench creating a controversy.   Put him in, find out if he can play and make a decision on his future.  If it's not in Denver, move him.   There are teams that could use him or, at the very least, would like to try.
Your examples are bad, and here's why:

1) Carson Palmer is sitting out.  If he was playing, Dalton would be on the bench.

2) Newton had little competition. It was between he and Claussen in the pre-season and he won.  Did he have to do a lot to earn his spot? No, but he won the competition.

Tebow underperformed not only Orton, but also Brady Quinn.  That's not a guy I want starting football games for my team right now. 
9/13/2011 11:12 AM
1.  So Cincy only had one QB on the roster?
2,  Are you sure he "won" the competition? 
9/13/2011 11:22 AM
1|2|3...190 Next ▸
Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.