Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Definitely not your mom - although Tebow does love the charity work
1/17/2012 7:48 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/17/2012 5:38:00 PM (view original):
I didn't watch many Carolina games back in the day, but if the playcalling was this spotty then, I could understand why Delhomme looked totally off sometimes. I'd imagine a big chunk of QBing is getting in a consistent rhythm (hence all the talk about making Brady/Rodgers/Brees uncomfortable and taking them out of their rhythms.
He's a defensive coach.   In his 9 seasons in Carolina, they were ranked in the top half of the league 3 times(10/13/16) in offensive yards.    He leans conservative.  7 of 9 seasons they were 24th or lower in pass attempts.    Tebow or no Tebow, Accurate Tebow or Inaccurate Tebow, Denver was not going to fill the skys with passes.  You can look this stuff up.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FoxxJo0.htm

1/17/2012 8:57 PM
I know. I wasn't questioning that. I'm talking about inconsistent playcalling. run, run, pass, run, run, pass, run, run, pass is consistent, and 67% runs, which is still a very run heavy offense. run, pass, run, run, run, run, run, run, pass, run, run, run, pass, run, pass, etc.  is run heavy as well, but probably a lot less conducive to consistent play from your QB when he goes so long between throws and has no idea when the next one will come.

And before someone chirps in, no, I'm not saying playcalling should follow a specific pattern. But playcalling can certainly help/hurt the rhythm of the QB, whether it's a run-heavy or pass-heavy offense.
1/18/2012 12:06 AM
According to ESPN, Tebow played the second half on Saturday night with torn cartilage on his first rib where it attaches to his sternum, a bruised lung and fluid buildup in the plural space of his chest, all the result of a hit in the pocket. I remember him walking off holding his chest/shoulder after one hit when Wilfork came down on top of him.

Tough SOB.
1/18/2012 8:34 AM
Cutler would be talking about maybe making it back for the start of next season if it was him.
1/18/2012 9:46 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/18/2012 8:34:00 AM (view original):
According to ESPN, Tebow played the second half on Saturday night with torn cartilage on his first rib where it attaches to his sternum, a bruised lung and fluid buildup in the plural space of his chest, all the result of a hit in the pocket. I remember him walking off holding his chest/shoulder after one hit when Wilfork came down on top of him.

Tough SOB.
He also healed the sick and walked on water, fed thousands with a few loaves and fi . . . wait a sec. Sorry, wrong saviour thread.

The first QB in the history of football to ever play hurt in a playoff game! Ever! 

I can't wait to see how the cult of personality develops in the coming months. I would be so ****** at Elway if he actually indulged that nagging instinct to address his franchise's needs rather than the wants of the fanboys and the advertisers who cater to them. What odds on JT being the first to buy a Tim Tebow action figure, complete with all the accessories?
1/18/2012 2:34 PM
Fox has basically been telling players that it was a good run, but next year this won't be good enough; that they'll be playing for the "big boy" championship and not just a division title, and they'll do whatever is necessary in the off-season to put them in a position to do that.

Though I highly doubt the Broncos will be Superbowl contenders next season, hopefully this is a good sign for how active they'll be in FA and the trade market.
1/18/2012 7:25 PM
What's he going to say? ",500 is awesome.   Let's do it again next year!!!!"
1/18/2012 8:00 PM
No, but I've learned that more often than not, coaches don't say anymore than they have to - Rex Ryan is a good example of why that is.

Fox easily could have said "Good season guys, see you next year".  It seems like he and Elway have the attitude that they're gonna be aggressive this offseason and make some moves. I hope that's the case.
1/18/2012 8:33 PM
If a coach ain't sayin, "nothing short of a super bowl is acceptable.", he ain't my coach.
1/18/2012 10:32 PM

Anyway, my point was it seems like the Broncos are going to be aggressive this off-season, something they haven't really been in the last 4-5 years.

1/18/2012 11:20 PM

So you think there's any team out there that's not creating "next year" buzz?

1/19/2012 8:24 AM
I think I can point to a lot of teams that aren't going to show any kind of aggression in the offseason
1/19/2012 9:47 PM
Jason Garrett: How long a leash?
1/19/2012 10:31 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/19/2012 9:47:00 PM (view original):
I think I can point to a lot of teams that aren't going to show any kind of aggression in the offseason
The Broncs might not either.  They're just talking right now.
1/20/2012 8:18 AM
◂ Prev 1...174|175|176|177|178...190 Next ▸
Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.