Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/24/2012 10:40:00 PM (view original):
Yet half the NFL is looking for a QB.   Shocking that there are only 16 breathing humans that are competent passers in this days and age.
And I'm talking about being good at passing.

Newton is a low character guy.   He's not going to put in the work to learn how to read a defense.   Think Vick without the dog-killing.
1/25/2012 9:23 AM
Posted by The Taint on 1/24/2012 5:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/24/2012 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Let's say you're making a solid income. You're content with it, but you want more - you want more comforts in your life, more opportunities, etc. You have two options:

1) Work your *** off and exhaust every opportunity to make as much as you can and make your "dreams" a reality

OR

2) Buy a lottery ticket.

Both produce results. Option 1 produces more results, Option 2 produces greater results with less frequency, but also less effort and expense. Some owners go for Option 2 - rather than dish out the money for that superstar player, put an average-to-decent team on the field every year and hope to hit the jackpot.
If you want more, you're not content.
Wrong again.

I'm very content with my current salary. But do I want a million dollars? Sure I do. Which is why I occasionally play poker or buy a lottery ticket.

As was previously stated - being content and wanting more are not mutually exclusive.

1/25/2012 9:50 AM
Content = satisfied.   Satisfied does not equal want more.
1/25/2012 9:51 AM
Then I'll ask again:

1) Are you content with your current salary/living situation?

2) If you had the opportunity to make a million dollars, would you go after it?

It's possible to answer yes to both of those questions - which I'm sure would be the case for many people.
1/25/2012 9:53 AM
1.  Nope.  Because that would mean I wouldn't like to do better.
2.  See #1

It's not possible if you understand the meaning of words.
1/25/2012 9:59 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/25/2012 9:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/24/2012 10:40:00 PM (view original):
Yet half the NFL is looking for a QB.   Shocking that there are only 16 breathing humans that are competent passers in this days and age.
And I'm talking about being good at passing.

Newton is a low character guy.   He's not going to put in the work to learn how to read a defense.   Think Vick without the dog-killing.
You're overdosing on the haterade.  If this actually happens, I'll like spend an entire day telling you how right you are.
1/25/2012 10:11 AM
You're not paying attention to what has transpired.

1.  Couldn't see the field at Florida.   Got in trouble for theft and grades.
2.  Dominate at the FCS level.
3.  Went to Auburn.
4.  Started slow but turned it on.
5.  Implicated in pay for play.
6.  Won the Heisman.
7.  Tried QB sneak when told to move the ball to the middle of the field for the game-winning FG in the Natty.
8.  Started talking about being more than a football players.  Of becoming a "brand".  Like a goddam Kardashian.
9.  Scored miserably on the Wonderlic.
10. Sounded like a buffoon when Gruden asked him to repeat an audible he used at Auburn.
11. Pouted like a ***** when they lost in Carolina(which they did often while he threw picks).

He's physically gifted.  He's dumb.  And he lacks character.    VY with a more accurate arm.  
1/25/2012 10:19 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/25/2012 9:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 1/24/2012 5:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/24/2012 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Let's say you're making a solid income. You're content with it, but you want more - you want more comforts in your life, more opportunities, etc. You have two options:

1) Work your *** off and exhaust every opportunity to make as much as you can and make your "dreams" a reality

OR

2) Buy a lottery ticket.

Both produce results. Option 1 produces more results, Option 2 produces greater results with less frequency, but also less effort and expense. Some owners go for Option 2 - rather than dish out the money for that superstar player, put an average-to-decent team on the field every year and hope to hit the jackpot.
If you want more, you're not content.
Wrong again.

I'm very content with my current salary. But do I want a million dollars? Sure I do. Which is why I occasionally play poker or buy a lottery ticket.

As was previously stated - being content and wanting more are not mutually exclusive.

You are comfortable with your current salary.  Not content.
1/25/2012 10:41 AM
And yet comfortable and content are listed as synonyms in my trusty thesaurus.  Funny how that works.
1/25/2012 10:45 AM
Maybe taint has as poor a grasp on the meaning of words as you.   
1/25/2012 10:54 AM
con·tent 2 (kn-tnt)
adj.
1. Desiring no more than what one has; satisfied.
2. Ready to accept or acquiesce; willing: She was content to step down after four years as chief executive.
tr.v. con·tent·ed, con·tent·ing, con·tents
To make content or satisfied: contented himself with one piece of cake.
n.
1/25/2012 11:06 AM
com·fort·a·ble (kmfr-t-bl, kmft-bl, kmftr-)
adj.
1. Providing physical comfort: a comfortable chair.
2. Free from stress or anxiety; at ease: not comfortable about the interview.
3. Producing feelings of ease or security: a comfortable person; a comfortable evening at home.
4. Sufficient to provide financial security: comfortable earnings
1/25/2012 11:07 AM
Or maybe Taint just has a better grasp of the nuances of the English language.
1/25/2012 11:07 AM
Yeah but you can't let a dumbass like jtpops play the synonym card.   He'll think he's right no matter what now.
1/25/2012 11:14 AM
Dictionaries are confusing to jtp
1/25/2012 11:24 AM
◂ Prev 1...180|181|182|183|184...190 Next ▸
Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.