Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Fox is a retard
9/26/2011 1:19 AM
Pretty big reason Fox and the Panthers only won 1 game.  He's a tard coach.
9/26/2011 8:58 AM
It was 2, and it was the only season in 9 under his coaching that they failed to win at least 7.  He won 73 games in 9 seasons...that's over 8 wins a year, and he didn't exactly have a ton to work with last season.

I'm not calling him a horrible coach.  I like what he brings to the defense. I just think he's way too conservative on offense and that's going to end up hurting them in the long run.  I'm actually advocating Tebow now, simply because with Fox's style, they need a QB who can do something with his legs.
9/26/2011 11:54 AM

Like most defensive-minded coaches, Fox wants to win with running and clock control.   He'd love to run for 3, 3 and 4 for the first down all day then force a 3 and out when the other team has the ball.   I don't know if Denver has the personnel for that.  Of course, with Orton under center, I'd want to run the ball too.

9/26/2011 12:10 PM
TEBOW TIME!!!
9/27/2011 10:29 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/26/2011 12:10:00 PM (view original):

Like most defensive-minded coaches, Fox wants to win with running and clock control.   He'd love to run for 3, 3 and 4 for the first down all day then force a 3 and out when the other team has the ball.   I don't know if Denver has the personnel for that.  Of course, with Orton under center, I'd want to run the ball too.

Most speficially, they don't have the offensive line for it right now. They don't clear any lanes, or provide a solid pocket.  That's not Orton's fault, but it's certainly making him a really unproductive passer.  I'm starting to feel like Tebow is the perfect QB for Fox. When the defense stacks the box for the run or collapses the pocket, he can burn them with a 20 yard run.  That will help keep them honest. Right now, with Orton back there, there's nothing stopping defenses from bringing the house every play.
9/27/2011 11:15 AM

21-3 already..GB would have better competition  playing their reserve squad..Broncos suck

10/2/2011 5:04 PM
Right.  Because GB doesn't shred anyone else.  That first quarter onside kick was gutsy by GB.

Glad to have Lloyd back though. He's raping the Packers.
10/2/2011 5:17 PM

And Decker's getting in on the act.  2 TDs. McCaffrey 2.0.

10/2/2011 5:22 PM
time for the back ups to get some reps....too easy
10/2/2011 6:23 PM
I expect we'll see Tebow now.  Might as well see what he can do in garbage time.
10/2/2011 6:28 PM
This is retarded.  I could understand Fox not wanting to start Tebow hysteria, but there's no reason for Orton to be in right now. At least let Quinn get some work in.
10/2/2011 6:51 PM
Maybe he's trying to figure out if Orton can play.
10/2/2011 7:13 PM
This offense will be scary when they have a healthy WR corps.  We just need more consistency at QB and improvement on defense.  I think next year will be a good year.
10/2/2011 7:55 PM
Passing definitely needs some work, but that is probably more a lack of reps.  His legs look good though; a mobile QB is essential in John Fox's offense; makes the defense sit back a bit more.
10/9/2011 6:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...190 Next ▸
Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.