The long awaited WIS mea culpa...updates coming... Topic

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=444215

WIS just posted this.  In other words, yeah, they didn't care about WIS for the past year.

Dear WhatIfSports Members, 

We’re sure you’ve noticed the lack of updates to our games, the slip in our customer support and the decrease in our participation in the forums, developer chats and elsewhere over the past 12 – 18 months.  That’s all about to change! 

As most of you know, we were purchased by FOX Interactive Media back in September, 2005.  Starting in January, 2009, we also began making games for FOX Sports Interactive Media (specifically, FOXSports.com.)  While our staff size was reduced, we created a variety of interactive sports games for our parent company:  Baseball Hot Streak, Basketball Hot Streak, Football Survivor, Frank’s Picks, Tune In To Win, Fantasy Auto Racing and, most recently, Fantasy Football Commissioner.   

Building these games required the majority of our resources.  As a result, our usual time, effort and dedication to WhatIfSports and each of you suffered. 

Recently, our staff has doubled in size (and continues to grow) in order to continue our FOX game development while also returning the focus and attention our WhatIfSports games and community deserve. 

In the very near future, everyone can expect to see a return to the service and product updates you experienced in the past. For the long-time WIS developers such as myself (and seble, norbert, mwelch, redhawk_514, mmustain & patrickm), this is very important. 

Initially, we’ll be putting together updates for Gridiron Dynasty, Hoops Dynasty & Hardball Dynasty.  We’ll be working with all of you in the forums and through site surveys & developer chats in order to focus on the game features most deserving of improvements and/or additions. 

We have other updates and initiatives planned:

• We have a significant SimLeague Baseball re-design that has already been fully flushed out and mocked up.  It will consist of major user interface advances, feature additions and will put us in position to improve our progressive league features in future updates. And, it will allow us to advance our other SimLeague products in a similar fashion with more consistent features.
  • New & improved SimLeagues LIVE baseball application
  • New Dynasty games
  • Mobile extensions
  • Improved and expanded predictions 

For those of you that follow fantasy football, the first game of the season was last night.  Once the first two weeks of the fantasy football season are behind us, we will embark on the return to WhatIfSports development and the high level of customer service and interaction our community deserves.

As a token of our appreciation for the loyalty you have all shown, we have provided each of you that has paid to play one of our games over the past 12 months a $10 site credit to be used anytime over the next 12 months.

Thank you,
tzentmeyer & the rest of the WIS Dev Team
WhatIfSports.com

9/9/2011 9:22 AM
woohoo about time! yay
9/9/2011 10:16 AM
YOU know. . . . is it even possible that people could avoid putting the most negative possible spin on things?
9/9/2011 10:32 AM
2 ways of approaching life, arssanguinus. Some people have a habit of being negative, even in the face of positive information. Not saying they can't change such a habit, and not saying I don't have this tendency at times. But I do think such negativity almost never helps any situation.
9/9/2011 10:39 AM
I hope the WIS team makes some positive, helpful changes - it doesn't even have to be about game balance.  But I'm a skeptic by nature and I'll hold my enthusiasm until I see what they do.
9/9/2011 11:26 AM
I like what they say... but until I actually see the devs in the forums discussing things with us I don't believe it.
9/9/2011 11:37 AM
You know I dont even really care if what they said is true, they just gave us all $10!
9/9/2011 11:38 AM
Posted by blackdog3377 on 9/9/2011 11:38:00 AM (view original):
You know I dont even really care if what they said is true, they just gave us all $10!
True
9/9/2011 11:40 AM
It may be futile - maybe not - but I'm going to post some stuff in the Suggestions forum.  Maybe someone will actually start reading it for a change.

Blackdog, $10 is nice but I'd rather have $5000 added to my recruiting budget :P

9/9/2011 11:40 AM
Whoopty-friggin-do!
9/9/2011 12:04 PM
Posted by ethan66 on 9/9/2011 11:40:00 AM (view original):
It may be futile - maybe not - but I'm going to post some stuff in the Suggestions forum.  Maybe someone will actually start reading it for a change.

Blackdog, $10 is nice but I'd rather have $5000 added to my recruiting budget :P

The issue with the suggestions forum is that it gets no traffic from users. So there isn't likely to be much discussion on things posted there (if any).
9/9/2011 1:17 PM
So glad we've received so much support for HD since they doubled their staff two years ago.

8/2/2013 5:25 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 8/2/2013 5:25:00 PM (view original):
So glad we've received so much support for HD since they doubled their staff two years ago.

Lol, it really is ridiculous.
8/2/2013 5:35 PM
I like HD the way it is. I don't really care that they haven't been rolling out update after update. Are there things that should change? Absolutely. And I hope positive changes will be made out of this. But even if there aren't, I like the game as is, and I have 10 bucks I didn't have before. 

I ain't complainin
8/2/2013 5:36 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 8/2/2013 5:25:00 PM (view original):

mitosis or meiosis?
8/2/2013 5:42 PM
1234 Next ▸
The long awaited WIS mea culpa...updates coming... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.