DIII Recruiting Manifesto For Rookies Topic

Posted by bhouska on 12/2/2011 9:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ermackey on 11/30/2011 2:30:00 PM (view original):
This is not a manifesto though.  A manifesto is a document of political principles and a declaration of intent and vision.  While the info is helpful, it is not a manifesto.
I have no problems with you personally, ermackey, but if you ever wonder why certain people do.....it's $hit like this! 

+1

ermackey, way to go trying to ignite a new fight with vick12/damauler and ruin a good write up on recruiting at DIII.  I interpreted nothing good about your intention in your post.
12/2/2011 10:49 AM
This is not a manifesto though.  A manifesto is a document of political principles and a declaration of intent and vision.  While the info is helpful, it is not a manifesto.

This is a sh*it comment mackey in a place that it doesn't belong.

Let the below the belt comments directed at you come in full force. You got it coming for crap like this.

12/2/2011 1:17 PM
Guys...while I agree that ermackey's comment has no business in a thread like this...it was at least funny in the fact that he was WRONG about what the actual definition of manifesto is.

Also, kinda funny that he blocks me because I am the one who "attacks" him...then he comes into this thread and does this. I hope some of you who only saw my vitriol towards ermackey in other threads now realize that I pretty much only punch back. It's just that my counter punching is way more damaging than his powder puff attacks. This will be the last comment I make towards him in this thread. I will not hesitate to red-line him if he comes in here to do anything that doesn't add to the value of this thread.
12/2/2011 2:06 PM
Posted by DKC on 12/2/2011 10:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bhouska on 12/2/2011 9:58:00 AM (view original):
I have no problems with you personally, ermackey, but if you ever wonder why certain people do.....it's $hit like this! 

+1

ermackey, way to go trying to ignite a new fight with vick12/damauler and ruin a good write up on recruiting at DIII.  I interpreted nothing good about your intention in your post.

Mackey- do you like slamming your head against the wall or what?

12/2/2011 2:48 PM
I would like to add a little safety net trick I use in Dii. (This becomes considerably less effective at DII and basically worthless at DI).
  1. Starting day 2 or day 3 filter a list of undecided recruits at positions you are battling for, have no good prospects or simply need improvement over what you have WITHOUT DISTANCE RESTRICTION
  2. Send out an AC PHONE CALL to 3-4x the number of slots you want to fill. (Yes I do mean AC PHONE CALL) Vision will limit what you can *see* but that will improve as you become more successful.
  3. Next cycle you will get back a surprising number of green recruits. Delete those that are not green and you have a nice pool of recruits to send an AC SCOUT to in order to check potential. Plus you need to have a face-to-face meet in order for a recruit to accept a schollie.
  4. For a reletively small investment you will now have a safety net for any recruits in a battle AND you may even improve upon recruits you already have green. Additionally, with this new pool of green recruits in hand you are able to reconsider battles you might have avoided earlier.
12/2/2011 4:12 PM
Posted by maddog63 on 12/2/2011 4:12:00 PM (view original):
I would like to add a little safety net trick I use in Dii. (This becomes considerably less effective at DII and basically worthless at DI).
  1. Starting day 2 or day 3 filter a list of undecided recruits at positions you are battling for, have no good prospects or simply need improvement over what you have WITHOUT DISTANCE RESTRICTION
  2. Send out an AC PHONE CALL to 3-4x the number of slots you want to fill. (Yes I do mean AC PHONE CALL) Vision will limit what you can *see* but that will improve as you become more successful.
  3. Next cycle you will get back a surprising number of green recruits. Delete those that are not green and you have a nice pool of recruits to send an AC SCOUT to in order to check potential. Plus you need to have a face-to-face meet in order for a recruit to accept a schollie.
  4. For a reletively small investment you will now have a safety net for any recruits in a battle AND you may even improve upon recruits you already have green. Additionally, with this new pool of green recruits in hand you are able to reconsider battles you might have avoided earlier.
It's actually quite effective at D1AA, though I've found that those recruits who do turn green are generally near the bottom of my vision.  I've also found that I'm more successful doing this to LBs and TEs than any other position.
12/2/2011 5:36 PM
Just one AC phone call can turn a recruit green?  I didn't know that.  By the way, I believe an AC scout counts as a face to face, so no need for any more actions than that, assuming the recruit is green.
12/2/2011 5:41 PM
My only issue with using phone calls is that I want to know a recruits potential...so I am going to send an AC scout to get that information. So from my standpoint...say you see 3-4x the # of slots you want to fill, and you send the AC Phone Call. Now...even if they come back green...you still need to send that AC scout. So if you just send the AC scout to begin with, not only do you get the potential...if they would turn green on a AC Phone Call...they will turn on a AC Scout as well.

Also with how I have laid out the manifesto, you should have your green guys lined up before you battle anyway.

I do see the merit in what you are doing and are essentially making a $10 (or is it $15) gamble to get them green 1st before you AC Scout. It is something I may fart with in the future, but in my experience I don't often get guys Green with just an AC scout (especially over 360 miles) so hard to see how a AC Phone Call will do that trick...but I will take your word for it.
12/2/2011 5:56 PM
Posted by DKC on 12/2/2011 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Just one AC phone call can turn a recruit green?  I didn't know that.  By the way, I believe an AC scout counts as a face to face, so no need for any more actions than that, assuming the recruit is green.
Yep

Paul Taylor DB - 406 930 $10

Considering Us

Walter Hastings LB - 422 677 $554

Considering Us

Ben Patterson LB - 434 1787 $10

Considering Us

Daniel Carney LB - 419 561 $10

Considering Us

Michael Avila LB - 435 810 $10

Considering Us

James Escobar OL - 365 1788 $10

Considering Us

12/2/2011 5:57 PM
Posted by DKC on 12/2/2011 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Yes this is exactly right (at least for D-3).  Ive signed many, many recruits that way for a very minimum amount.  However, as was mentioned before, it does seem like its most effective for LBs and TEs.  
12/2/2011 7:34 PM
As I stated it's a "safety net" maneuver. You dont want to do all your recrutiting this way. This is just to create a fallback position in case you lose battles (although sometimes you can actually find better recruits at some positions then you might currently have green... yes, it seems to work best for LB & TE). I stated that an AC scout is necessary for guaging potential AFTER the phone call turns them green. I guess my wording was ambiguous as I was pointing out that the AC scout is also needed for the face-to-face.
This is just one tool you want to have available, it's not the whole toolbox. There are plenty more little tricks and techniques you will learn to use as you gain experience.
12/3/2011 2:52 AM
+1
12/5/2011 7:20 PM

STL  ???

What is this acronym?
12/6/2011 8:45 PM
Posted by skinndogg on 12/6/2011 8:45:00 PM (view original):

STL  ???

What is this acronym?
Sky's the Limit
12/6/2011 8:49 PM
bump
12/18/2011 6:11 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
DIII Recruiting Manifesto For Rookies Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.