My favourite flower is... Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This guy is making 11 mill this and 13 next season.  He was set to make 17mill on his 5th season with this signing that Sculley made.  Meanwhile he has lost 11 overall pts the past 2 seasons, and CS thinks this guy can be worth his 11 this and 13 next season?

To bring this whole thing into even more perspective you should see the state of the org.  Sculley hadnt signed a single 1st or 2nd rd pick for the previous 4 seasons, and had left me with 12 whole MLers, and a total of 40 players in the entire minor leagues!  I had / have a massive amount of work with this org, and CS cant simply erase Johnsons contract?
9/17/2011 3:49 PM
I think reducing the contract by 3 years is plenty.  You took the team, willingly.  CS saved you 3 years...Take that and enjoy the rebuild, now made easier...
9/17/2011 3:54 PM
And thats not all ofcourse!  Sculley was a total piece of work.  He released all of the teams best players.  Thankfully the owners that picked them up had agreed that the best thing to do was to trade them back to the team for basically nothing (which they did) thanks guys...

But there was one guy who he released who was on his 3rd arb cycle (the best SP on the team) and now the guy is ****** that I took him to 3 arbs so now he is going elsewhere.  As if this team didnt have enough problems now Im losing my best SP because of his actions.  By the way all this happened at the end of last season and most of the guys were only returned to the team just before ST, so I couldnt properly ARB that guy.  completely sucks, and you all know that CS wont overturn that.  I didnt even bother asking because I know their answer already.
9/17/2011 3:57 PM
So CDC you think that CS is right in their actions?  that I should be screwed with this contract?  Not to mention the arb guy I am losing?  Not on my books.
9/17/2011 3:59 PM
Posted by cdc80uf on 9/17/2011 3:54:00 PM (view original):
I think reducing the contract by 3 years is plenty.  You took the team, willingly.  CS saved you 3 years...Take that and enjoy the rebuild, now made easier...
+1
9/17/2011 4:01 PM
About 99% of the time I would agree that you got way better than you should have expected by getting the contract reduced.  But if there's strong evidence that the only purpose of the contract was to undermine the world, I actually think that, for the sake of the world, that it would be OK to kill the contract or at least all but the current season.  If this happened in the world I commish, I would be the one sending the ticket ,as the commish, wanting the contract nullified to preserve the integrity of the world.

How do other commishes feel about this?  Am I off base here?
9/17/2011 4:37 PM
Posted by dedelman on 9/17/2011 4:37:00 PM (view original):
About 99% of the time I would agree that you got way better than you should have expected by getting the contract reduced.  But if there's strong evidence that the only purpose of the contract was to undermine the world, I actually think that, for the sake of the world, that it would be OK to kill the contract or at least all but the current season.  If this happened in the world I commish, I would be the one sending the ticket ,as the commish, wanting the contract nullified to preserve the integrity of the world.

How do other commishes feel about this?  Am I off base here?
It's not just strong evidence, it's absolutely guaranteed that was the purpose of this signing. When u take a look at the other stuff that was going on and that he was having serious problems with mantle and their rules that being u need to keep your minor leagues in decent shape... U know stuff like not constantly starting 0-0 pitchers, that sort of thing. There's no question that he made this contract signing to screw the org up worse then It already was.
9/17/2011 4:57 PM
As the commish of the world in question, I'd have to say that I didn't expect WIS to do anything about the contract at all. 

Was it a bullshit move by the departing owner?  Absolutely. 

Would I have liked to see the entire contract nullified?  Absolutely. 

But seeing that WIS has no obligation at all to do anything about it, and also taking into consideration that they only undo "team trashing" moves in very rare circumstances, I would say that I'm satisfied and appreciative that they removed the final three seasons from the contract.
9/17/2011 10:25 PM (edited)
Good lord.   Did you have the opportunity to look at the team BEFORE you signed up?   You did?   Oh, then I can see how shocked you are by the bad contract.

I'd like to have some deals voided also. 
9/17/2011 5:11 PM
Seems like pretty reasonable CS to me. Perhaps you could submit tickets before you take over a team next time to see what CSs response will be ahead of time.
9/17/2011 5:28 PM
A wise man said that in the WC.  Wonder who it might have been?
9/17/2011 5:32 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/17/2011 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Good lord.   Did you have the opportunity to look at the team BEFORE you signed up?   You did?   Oh, then I can see how shocked you are by the bad contract.

I'd like to have some deals voided also. 
DING DING DING.

You take over a rebuilding job, its YOUR JOB to rebuild it. Not WIS'.

Be thankful you got anything.
9/17/2011 10:07 PM
1|2|3...16 Next ▸
My favourite flower is... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.