My favourite flower is... Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 9/17/2011 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Good lord.   Did you have the opportunity to look at the team BEFORE you signed up?   You did?   Oh, then I can see how shocked you are by the bad contract.

I'd like to have some deals voided also. 
I think this is bullshit, not in the way greeny says it is.. I have taken over several ruined teams and CS would NOT reverse moves done by the owner that had it before. The fact that they even helped greeny should be enough.
9/17/2011 10:55 PM
Posted by tomhighway on 9/17/2011 10:55:00 PM (view original):
Good lord.   Did you have the opportunity to look at the team BEFORE you signed up?   You did?   Oh, then I can see how shocked you are by the bad contract.

I think this is bullshit, not in the way greeny says it is.. I have taken over several ruined teams and CS would NOT reverse moves done by the owner that had it before. The fact that they even helped greeny should be enough.
Im not saying that I should be treated any different then anybody else in the same situation I find myself in.  All I am saying is that when its absolutely obvious and guaranteed that the previous owner was making bad deal after bad deal to intentionally ruin a franchise when he knows he is either leaving or being booted then CS should do what it can to fix the situation for the new owner.

Thats it thats all.

The fact that they dont to me is completely unreasonable, and unfathomable.  What kind of way is that to run a business?
9/17/2011 11:05 PM (edited)
Is it a bad contract?  Yes.

But the dude is a major league ballplayer.  I think you'd have more of a beef if it was a career minor leaguer.  But the guy did post a .309 AVG and .379 OBP last season in 450+ ML PA's.  The guy's not a complete piece of ****.  Is he worth $23.5m over the next two seasons?  No, certainly not at age 37.  But in terms of bad contracts, it's probably not the worst you'll ever find. 

I'd be VERY thankful that they cut out the last three seasons of the contract and deal with it for the next two.

9/17/2011 11:43 PM
Why did you take this team in the first place?
9/18/2011 1:49 AM
Not even close the to worse contract I've dealt with or seen. Thankful, you should be.
9/18/2011 2:32 AM
This is the first time I have heard of WIS altering a contract the season after the contract was signed.
9/18/2011 3:45 AM
You got way more than anyone else ever got when taking over a rebuild. Some people are up for a challenge....whille others whine and have to be bailed out.
9/18/2011 5:35 AM
Posted by tomhighway on 9/17/2011 10:55:00 PM (view original):

I've never even asked.  Because I had the option to look at the team and say "Well, that's a crap contract I'll have to deal with for the next 3 seasons."
9/18/2011 6:44 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

This:   "I admit I took the team without looking closely at all the contracts.  I should have done that no doubt." 
Then this:  "What is so wrong about demanding justice when the situation is cut and dry?"

You're right.  The situation is cut and dry.  You didn't do your due diligence and, after the fact, you ask for help.   Very cut and dry.

9/18/2011 8:08 AM
GGG DEMANDS A FULL INVESTIGATION INTO WHY ADMIN. HELPED GREENY SO MUCH!

GGG DEMANDS TO KNOW IF THEY ARE RELATED!

GGG DEMANDS IT!
GGG DEMANDS A FULL INVESTIGATION INTO WHY ADMIN. HELPED GREENY SO MUCH!

GGG DEMANDS TO KNOW IF THEY ARE RELATED!

GGG DEMANDS IT!
You didn't do what you should have done.   As has been mentioned several times, you were not forced to take the team.  You did so willingly and, after the fact, you found something you didn't like about it.   Now you want mommy to fix it for you.  Be a big boy.
9/18/2011 8:19 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...16 Next ▸
My favourite flower is... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.