My favourite flower is... Topic

If you're getting "bullied" on the internet, I'd suggest turning off the computer and getting some fresh air.   These are words on a screen. 
9/18/2011 11:16 AM
Posted by greeny9 on 9/18/2011 11:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/18/2011 10:46:00 AM (view original):

So, if one doesn't agree with you, they're either a bully or a troll?

No MikeT, but when they talk the way that you talk I and many other people in WIS classify that is bullying.  Im not the only one that has ever called you a bully or a troll am I?
.....and Mike isn't the only one telling you that you are wrong in this situation, is he?
9/18/2011 11:16 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 9/18/2011 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Real life example. I'm painting a bedroom today. Let's say I buy the paint from a store with a strict "no return" policy on paints. I want a green paint, quickly pick one out, buy it, and paint a wall in my room. I realize I hate the color. It's green, but its nothing like I expected. I take the rest of the paint back, demand that they take it back and give me a new can of a different green. The store reminds me of the strict "no return" policy on paint, but they are gracious enough to add some other colors to the partially used paint to try to fit my needs. I call bullshit and refuse to ever go to the store again. Even though I bought the paint without really seeing if I liked it, without buying a sample and testing it on my wall first, and knowing that the store rarely makes exceptions to their strict rules. Who is out of line in this situation? Me, or the store?
I applaud your attempt, but I dont think this quite applies.

Where in your story is the person that intentionally screwed up the team?

There are nuances and elements to my situation that doesnt correlate to your example in the least.  Obviously in your example the store has no obligation.

And I understand that WIS has a policy, but obviously they are willing to break policy as they did with this contract.  They have set a precedent here.  But the truth is (unquestionably) that this contract was deliberatly made to undermine both this team and the world.  There can be no arguing this point everybody in the world admits this is absolutely true MikeT included.  And especially so Tecwrg (the commish).

So for the last time and I mean the last time why shouldnt a contract like this be automatically recinded regardless of any other extenuating circumstances.  (like the fact that I took the team before I asked CS to rectify it)
9/18/2011 11:19 AM
Good lord.  What CS has done is open a can of worms.  Now anyone with a gripe about a contract on a team they willing took over SHOULD contact them and ask that the contract be negated.   Almost every open team has a bad contract or three.  Owners sign bad long-term deals, attempt to win now and dump the team when the bloated contract is an albatross.  

CS should kick themselves in the *** for reducing the deal. 
9/18/2011 11:25 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/18/2011 11:25:00 AM (view original):
Good lord.  What CS has done is open a can of worms.  Now anyone with a gripe about a contract on a team they willing took over SHOULD contact them and ask that the contract be negated.   Almost every open team has a bad contract or three.  Owners sign bad long-term deals, attempt to win now and dump the team when the bloated contract is an albatross.  

couldn't agree more
9/18/2011 11:31 AM
Posted by kjmulli on 9/18/2011 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/18/2011 11:25:00 AM (view original):

couldn't agree more

+2

9/18/2011 11:32 AM
Posted by greeny9 on 9/18/2011 11:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 9/18/2011 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Real life example. I'm painting a bedroom today. Let's say I buy the paint from a store with a strict "no return" policy on paints. I want a green paint, quickly pick one out, buy it, and paint a wall in my room. I realize I hate the color. It's green, but its nothing like I expected. I take the rest of the paint back, demand that they take it back and give me a new can of a different green. The store reminds me of the strict "no return" policy on paint, but they are gracious enough to add some other colors to the partially used paint to try to fit my needs. I call bullshit and refuse to ever go to the store again. Even though I bought the paint without really seeing if I liked it, without buying a sample and testing it on my wall first, and knowing that the store rarely makes exceptions to their strict rules. Who is out of line in this situation? Me, or the store?
I applaud your attempt, but I dont think this quite applies.

Where in your story is the person that intentionally screwed up the team?

There are nuances and elements to my situation that doesnt correlate to your example in the least.  Obviously in your example the store has no obligation.

And I understand that WIS has a policy, but obviously they are willing to break policy as they did with this contract.  They have set a precedent here.  But the truth is (unquestionably) that this contract was deliberatly made to undermine both this team and the world.  There can be no arguing this point everybody in the world admits this is absolutely true MikeT included.  And especially so Tecwrg (the commish).

So for the last time and I mean the last time why shouldnt a contract like this be automatically recinded regardless of any other extenuating circumstances.  (like the fact that I took the team before I asked CS to rectify it)
Honestly, in my view, whether the team was fucked with by the last owner is irrelevant. You had the ability to see what you were purchasing, and had knowledge (or at least had the ability to gain the knowledge) of what whatif's policy on reversing contracts was. You made the commitment. It is not the company's fault you made a purchase that did not suit your needs.
9/18/2011 11:34 AM
"Caveat emptor".  Look it up.
9/18/2011 12:39 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 9/18/2011 10:02:00 AM (view original):
Whatever this is bull$hit, I am done here, After I use up the last of my seasons that Ive already paid for I am no longer going to be a WIS customer.  I figured people here had some common sense but in my eyes it seems to be seriously lacking.

Buh bye.
What is wrong with our responses? You are told you are responsible for the teams record etc. when taking the team. With some research you may not have taken the team. You did and now you are mad because nobody will support you? I have a very crappy record on my "Profile" due to a replacement team take over. Do I feel it should be removed? NO, why? Because I knew how bad the team was when I took the team WILLINGLY!
9/18/2011 5:37 PM
And ask anyone that knows the team I took over in Metropolis, the previous owner released players, changed player positions making their offensive players pitch which ruined a lot of them for the season and injured some. Sure, I asked if the stuff could be reversed and I was told no BEFORE I took the team. I then fixed the team the best I could and worked things out with the other owners in the world so the integrity of the world would not be compromised.. Again, you did take the team willingly so stop acting like we have a grudge against you because we aren't saying what you WANT to hear.
9/18/2011 5:39 PM
This is a funny thread.
9/19/2011 12:24 AM
Posted by shobob on 9/18/2011 12:39:00 PM (view original):
"Caveat emptor".  Look it up.
I took business law, I know, I know! LTBB!!
9/19/2011 12:38 AM
Moments before starting this thread, he signed these guys to 5 year deals:

9/17/2011 3:25 PM greeny9 Albuquerque Bleeding Noses Al Ramirez P 38 Free-Agent Signing
9/17/2011 3:22 PM greeny9 Albuquerque Bleeding Noses Juan Pujols P 38 Free-Agent Signing
9/17/2011 3:19 PM greeny9 Albuquerque Bleeding Noses Rob Becker LF 38 Free-Agent Signing
9/17/2011 3:17 PM greeny9 Albuquerque Bleeding Noses Harry Martinez LF 39 Free-Agent Signing

What a piece of work.
9/19/2011 6:35 AM
Just so you all know, those signings happened when I was a lil bit crazy.  I plead insanity.  :)

And I have informed Tecwrg of those signings.  I did so last night, and asked him to replace me.  I honestly hope that Tec can get those and the other signing (the one Ive been ******** about) overturned.  Maybe that will happen, but these signings surely will be overturned.  Therefore the team wont be any worse then when I took it over.  And hopefully better...
9/19/2011 7:42 AM

CAN I TAKE OVER THE BLEEDING NOSES?

9/19/2011 7:52 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...16 Next ▸
My favourite flower is... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.