My favourite flower is... Topic

And greeny rips the crown off John Edward's head.
9/19/2011 3:26 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/19/2011 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/19/2011 6:35:00 AM (view original):
Moments before starting this thread, he signed these guys to 5 year deals:

9/17/2011 3:25 PM greeny9 Albuquerque Bleeding Noses Al Ramirez P 38 Free-Agent Signing
9/17/2011 3:22 PM greeny9 Albuquerque Bleeding Noses Juan Pujols P 38 Free-Agent Signing
9/17/2011 3:19 PM greeny9 Albuquerque Bleeding Noses Rob Becker LF 38 Free-Agent Signing
9/17/2011 3:17 PM greeny9 Albuquerque Bleeding Noses Harry Martinez LF 39 Free-Agent Signing

What a piece of work.

SCU uncovered this gem of a signing, from 9/16:

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: John Wheat

CS has responded to my ticket.  They will not do anything about greeny's contracts.
9/19/2011 3:48 PM
I had a moment in time there were I wasnt thinking straight.  I plead insanity.

I did however come out of that feeling badly about what I did and told Tec about it and said Id like for him to find a replacement for me and hopefully he and CS can fix this royal **** up.

If I were as big of a dick as some or many of you think I am I could have easily not said anything and not gotten booted.  I could have screwed the franchise even harder.

And despite the insanity there my only intention was to effect change in WIS's policy that I wholeheartedly disagree with, but which very few of you all have any agreement with at all.  And if you read this whole thread you would know what Im talking about so Im not going to repeat it.

And yes, I am not going to be giving WIS/Faux anymore of my money.  I am playing out the last of my 2 more seasons in the only world I ever really cared about and then Im out of here.

You can clap whole-heartedly or you can think whatever you want it matters not to me.  I know the point that I was trying to do even if it was done poorly was to just try to help people out that end up in the same situation I found myself in.
9/19/2011 3:49 PM
Posted by deathinahole on 9/19/2011 8:41:00 AM (view original):
If I were green98c5, I'd be furious that my good colour was sullied.
I don't know that I have any good color to be sullied
9/19/2011 3:51 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/19/2011 3:48:00 PM (view original):

9/17/2011 3:25 PM greeny9 Albuquerque Bleeding Noses Al Ramirez P 38 Free-Agent Signing
9/17/2011 3:22 PM greeny9 Albuquerque Bleeding Noses Juan Pujols P 38 Free-Agent Signing
9/17/2011 3:19 PM greeny9 Albuquerque Bleeding Noses Rob Becker LF 38 Free-Agent Signing
9/17/2011 3:17 PM greeny9 Albuquerque Bleeding Noses Harry Martinez LF 39 Free-Agent Signing

What a piece of work.

CS has responded to my ticket.  They will not do anything about greeny's contracts.
Wow, this is a company that you people want to give your money to?  They dont give a crap about you, only about your money.  And this is absolute proof.

I am sorry in the end that the Alb franchise is going to be screwed for the next 5 seasons, its a tough lesson.  :(
9/19/2011 3:52 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 9/19/2011 3:49:00 PM (view original):
I had a moment in time there were I wasnt thinking straight.  I plead insanity.

I did however come out of that feeling badly about what I did and told Tec about it and said Id like for him to find a replacement for me and hopefully he and CS can fix this royal **** up.

If I were as big of a dick as some or many of you think I am I could have easily not said anything and not gotten booted.  I could have screwed the franchise even harder.

And despite the insanity there my only intention was to effect change in WIS's policy that I wholeheartedly disagree with, but which very few of you all have any agreement with at all.  And if you read this whole thread you would know what Im talking about so Im not going to repeat it.

And yes, I am not going to be giving WIS/Faux anymore of my money.  I am playing out the last of my 2 more seasons in the only world I ever really cared about and then Im out of here.

You can clap whole-heartedly or you can think whatever you want it matters not to me.  I know the point that I was trying to do even if it was done poorly was to just try to help people out that end up in the same situation I found myself in.
Maybe next time (or not, since you saying you are leaving the site) you'll run a stunt like this by the world commish first.

Instead, you've just made a bad situation (created by the previous owner) even worse through your own stupid and childish actions.

Thanks.
9/19/2011 3:54 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/19/2011 3:48:00 PM (view original):

What a piece of work.

I'd probably waive them, assign them to rookie ball, and hope they retire.
9/19/2011 4:00 PM
Even in his farewell post he is utterly contradictory

On the one hand he's pleading a moment of "insanity" for his actions

But then he backpedals from that by saying he was just making a point to help out others who are in the same boat

So is he glad he did it or not?

It doesn't really matter because what's done is done and he wins #1 Douche Prize in the process, but it is fun that his sense of entitlement and complete lack of pre-thinking that got him into the intial situation is how he played out the end game. So at least he's consistent in his idoitic analysis
9/19/2011 4:01 PM
I am not glad that things turned out the way they did.  I wish that WIS had a policy that they will erase contracts that are obviously team and world demeaning.  That is all that I ever wanted.

They wont back down from this policy.  As is evidenced because they wont overturn my crazy contracts.  It isnt my fault that WIS doesnt give a $hit about correcting obviously wrong contracts.  That is all on WIS.  Their stupid policy.

I am of 2 minds on this situation.  Im sure you all have had the same thing happen to you a time or two in your lifes.

Im sorry that the Alb franchise is going to be nearly ruined for the next 5 seasons.

But Im also glad that WIS has proven to you all that they dont care about us at all.  They will stick to their policies even if it means ******* off scads of people.  And I sincerely hope that it ****** enough people off that they quit the same way I am quitting.

9/19/2011 4:11 PM
The policies are in place for a reason.  I'm glad they are there. 

Bye.
9/19/2011 4:16 PM
And on the whole process, I understand how you could have come to the initial conclusion (though the 38 y/o free agent signings are inexcusable), but it would have gone a long way had he backed off of his tirade after receiving overwhelming reaction from the small fraction of the HBD community that frequents the forums.

Something like, "I guess you're right.  It's just frustrating when you see a contract that was obviously given to a player just to screw the team/world.  I should have looked before I took over the team, and I'm frustrated that I'm stuck with the contract."
9/19/2011 4:17 PM
That's how a sane person would react.
9/19/2011 4:21 PM

WiS is a community of users, not a pre-school playground. It should be expected that people treat each other with a little respect. Every once and a while a user doesn't respect the community (most of all the other players in his world) and wrecks havoc. It is unfortunate. But it happens and the world moves on.

Thankfully, there are a group of users (I don't happen to be one of them) that enjoy taking on these "reclaimation" projects. They are the true unsung heros of WiS. They make the most of a bad situation and try to help out the community.

WiS knows that there are team wreckers out there. Team wreckers wreck teams. WiS long ago made a policy not to try to "fix" those teams through top-side intervention. The community of users knows this.

You can pretend to be a saint for becoming a team wrecker. But you aren't. You showed your true colors. It is all about you. Congrats!

9/19/2011 4:23 PM
I'll be interested to see if you leave Yaz where your team is competing in the WS and your RL brother is the commissioner.
9/19/2011 4:27 PM
If he was really trying to prove a point, he'd ruin that team too.

But you know he won't. Because his brother is the commish.

He just decided to take a crap on 31 owners in Mantle. 31 guys who never did anything to him.
9/19/2011 4:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...16 Next ▸
My favourite flower is... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.